By abcdefghijkl1233 - 29/10/2013 13:23 - United Kingdom - Oldham

Today, I had a job interview that I was quite nervous about. During the interview, I struggled to get my words out and the interviewer angrily told me to, "Get on with it." I continued to struggle and was later kicked out for wasting their time. I have a stutter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 870
You deserved it 4 114

abcdefghijkl1233 tells us more.

Thank you for those of you who left kind comments, those of you who left comments of the other kind probably don't understand. I didn't fully expect my stutter to get in the way of the interview so much, but combined with my nervousness it gradually got worse throughout. After the way I was treated I realised it wasn't a place I would want to be at so I left without a fight. Also I'd like to thank you for the help methods some of you said, I've been trying to improve it and I'm definitely going to try them, thanks again :) In the future I will inform them beforehand! #8 Aha, good ol' game of Pictionary, never fails to start arguments!

Top comments

Aww, I know how that feels. Next time, inform them that you have a stutter. It's what I do, and most people are understanding.

That interviewer is a jerk! You were not wasting their time and they should have more patience, especially if they are in HR.

Comments

What jerks. I'm sorry that happened. Though maybe next time let them know. Just so you know I think stutters are attractive.

dalgood 9

I know exactly how you feel. Having a stutter is hard to live with. I've had mine since I was 8. Don't let it stop you!

Speech impediments are covered under the disability discrimination act - speak to CAB and a lawyer

inpowerthought 6

F them! And they didn't notice you had an actual stutter problem? If that's not the case then thanks for not wasting my time with repeated question, paperwork and a video just to Not Hire me.

sioux4 17

I'm so sorry! I also have a stutter and I know how frustrating it can be. Especially when people try to hurry you up. Sorry OP!

Aw that's too bad; my boyfriend is sorta like that too. I hope your next interview turns out better ^_^

Can I make friends with you? I want to promote my English speaking,and I can teach you Chinese in return.

That is terrible! And most definitely not a place you want to be working! I'm sorry this had to happen to you. It breaks my heart. :(

Yeah let them know next time it is gonna be much understandable. I know someone who was in an accident and suffered a blow to the head and sometimes forgets