By abcdefghijkl1233 - 29/10/2013 13:23 - United Kingdom - Oldham

Today, I had a job interview that I was quite nervous about. During the interview, I struggled to get my words out and the interviewer angrily told me to, "Get on with it." I continued to struggle and was later kicked out for wasting their time. I have a stutter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 870
You deserved it 4 114

abcdefghijkl1233 tells us more.

Thank you for those of you who left kind comments, those of you who left comments of the other kind probably don't understand. I didn't fully expect my stutter to get in the way of the interview so much, but combined with my nervousness it gradually got worse throughout. After the way I was treated I realised it wasn't a place I would want to be at so I left without a fight. Also I'd like to thank you for the help methods some of you said, I've been trying to improve it and I'm definitely going to try them, thanks again :) In the future I will inform them beforehand! #8 Aha, good ol' game of Pictionary, never fails to start arguments!

Top comments

Aww, I know how that feels. Next time, inform them that you have a stutter. It's what I do, and most people are understanding.

That interviewer is a jerk! You were not wasting their time and they should have more patience, especially if they are in HR.

Comments

I'm sorry OP, but I'm sure you'll find something even better soon enough!

I have a stutter, probably mostly as a result of my Asperger's, and I really hope this doesn't affect me in this way. I have enough trouble preferring to be alone in a society where there is something wrong with you if you prefer to spend your days alone.

That's awful. Did you inform them ahead of time? They may be more understanding next time if you do.

the good thing is that most girls think a stutter is cute :)

I don't know if England has similar policies, but in the US, that could be considered to be hiring discrimination for an impatient due to disability and you could get them in some serious trouble with the Better Business Bureau. Maybe report the incident to your countries equivalent department?

You don't want to work with them anyways.