By Anonymous - 03/12/2013 14:04 - Canada - Kitchener

Today, I found out that if you accidentally step on your boss's dog's tail, yes, you can get fired. But not because you stepped on the dog's tail. You didn't say sorry. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 296
You deserved it 42 363

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aligator67 12

Well why wouldn't you say sorry? Dogs have feelings too.

Comments

What the hell is wrong with you people?? Dogs don't understand the word 'sorry'. God, people are insane!

It's not about the dog understanding the word... it's about how someone stepping on it's tail probably hurts pretty bad and OP apparently seemed like they didn't care. That's just rude towards the owner.

They might not understand the word 'sorry', but they do understand your tone, and will realise it was an accident, and you aren't deliberately hurting them, if you speak to them.

Which is why it's so tragic the OP said he didn't do anything else to put the dog at ease. Wait. He never said that.

You should have said sorry either way!): poor puppy

You should always apologize to an animal when you step on it

katestewart 1

While you should've said you're sorry. Your boss shouldn't fire you over it. I'd look into wrongful termination.

My boss brings her dog to work and the dog isn't really friendly. Unless it's like a doggy daycare or something similar that actually involves animals, I dnt think ppl should bring their dogs to work period.

It depends where you work. My boss brings her dog in when there's bad weather, as her dog runs away from home in storms, but her dog is such a darling that no one minds (she just sits in my boss's office quietly all day). I also bring my dog in to work if I have to work on weekends, or late at night.

If you step on my cat's tail and don't at least ACT like you are sorry for hurting her I'm gonna do a little more than just fire you.