By Anonymous - 03/12/2013 14:04 - Canada - Kitchener

Today, I found out that if you accidentally step on your boss's dog's tail, yes, you can get fired. But not because you stepped on the dog's tail. You didn't say sorry. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 296
You deserved it 42 363

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aligator67 12

Well why wouldn't you say sorry? Dogs have feelings too.

Comments

Mackay92 14

if anyone would have hurt my dog by accident or not and didn't have the decency to apologize i would've hit them

GoArmy6624 7

That's why you never work for a woman.

figures101 5

A lot of dog lovers myself included...you didn't seek sympathy here did you?

sonofposeidon22 5

To all of you saying OP deserves it: Yes, he/she should have apologized. Whether to the boss, the dog, or both. But the fact is that OP got FIRED for not doing so. Something so simple should not be means for termination (unless you work at some kind of pet store or animal shelter or something, then that might make more sense). So for all of you saying that OP is heartless and needs to learn manners, you are looking at this from the wrong perspective than OP intended. There is no need to chastise OP for a simple mistake that had tragic results.

I have zero sympathy for OP. They hurt an animal and didn't show any remorse for it. They absolutely deserved to get fired. People that hurt animals or children without remorse deserve every bad thing they get.

Can you quote for us the section of the post where the OP said they exhibited no remorse? Or are you genuinely saying a verbal utterance of "I'm sorry" to a being that doesn't speak English is literally the only possible way in the entire lexicon of interpersonal interactions to express sympathy or regret? And regardless, momentary discourtesy is grounds for being fired, then? I think you're now obligated to either quit your job, or admit to being a hypocrite, because it's guaranteed at some point in your life you've been at LEAST as callous as you're assuming the OP was. If that deserves the loss of one's job, put your money where your mouth is and act like it instead of just applying the rule to other people.

He didn't need to say it. The part where he didn't apologize said it for him. I highly doubt that he would have been fired if he had shown some remorse. And I'll apologize for merely inconveniencing someone if I'm at fault. Don't assume I'm callous. I just don't suffer assholes like yourself.

You assert you've never once in your entire life been even the tiniest bit discourteous to anyone for any reason in any situation - while calling someone an asshole for daring to point out you just MIGHT not be perfect. Hypocrite it is, then. The rules apply to everyone but you.

If I'm discourteous to someone, it's because they deserve it. Like you for instance, seeing as you're an asshole. But that's not callousness, it's just not putting up with assholes. I follow the rule of "Don't put up with douchebags." No hypocrisy there. You're just desperately trying to find any excuse to turn my statement against me. But seeing as you have never met me, you still somehow assume my behaviour is in a set pattern. You know how I know you're an asshole? Pretty much every thing you've typed in response to me.

tbabyfosho 7
hazardmuffin 21

I wonder if this was at work or not. Your boss's actions may have been a little bit unprofessional, but totally understandable. If I were your boss and you stepped on my dog and showed no remorse for hurting him, I wouldn't want to keep working with you. What kind of person doesn't feel bad about inflicting pain on something?

How rude of you OP! You clearly hurt the dog, you could have at least apologized to either the dog or owner. But I don't think you deserve to be fired for lacking common courtesy. So FYL and YDI.

fucMyLifeSoHard 18

23- I'm pretty sure my dog is smarter than you.

fucMyLifeSoHard 18

139- It's not like the owner of the aforementioned abused dog would reward the behavior of cowering in the corner, but saying "Hey, it's alright I won't hurt you" doesn't show a sign of weakness, it just shows that you care about and support the dog to make a decision when it is comfortable. It's not like the owner would throw the dog a treat and say "good boy" for cowering in the corner.

saint_josephine 6