By Anonymous - 03/12/2013 14:04 - Canada - Kitchener

Today, I found out that if you accidentally step on your boss's dog's tail, yes, you can get fired. But not because you stepped on the dog's tail. You didn't say sorry. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 296
You deserved it 42 363

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aligator67 12

Well why wouldn't you say sorry? Dogs have feelings too.

Comments

Another Canadian stereotype gone down the drain. Not that I think that's a good thing.

RedPillSucks 31

OP should have said "Sorry" to the boss, but I'm curious as to why theres a dog in the workplace.

They should have said sorry to the dog, it was them that got hurt not the boss. Also there are many offices or certain types of work places that allow dogs at they're work place. My favorite book store has a collie that comes to work everyday with her owner.

cheshirecat13242 32

63--I'm wondering the same thing. OP definitely deserved some repercussions for lacking manners (perhaps not as extreme as getting fired), but what kind of workplace was OP in that allows pets to roam around so freely that they get stepped on??

I think dogs in pet stores is pretty normal... Or places where dogs are used for searching after people or things... Or maybe he wasn't at work at all - he's not saying he was, and and pretty sure his boss DOES exist outside the work place.

There are offices that allow dogs. I used to volunteer at a nonprofit, and some of the staffers brought their dogs in. Provided nobody has allergies, I think a dog in the workplace is a good thing; it can reduce stress and contribute to positive emotions.

vencku 13

A lot of people here go way over the top. It's not because you would apologize to a chair - an inanimate object that is a very dead part of a tree - that this is the norm and everyone else is rude. Do you apologize when sitting on that chair or stepping on a tile? It seems a logical next step.

vencku 13

And yes, I am well aware OP stepped on a dog's tail. But if he checked whether the animal was alright, and it probably was because stepping on a tail generally does little harm, then there's no need to make such a fuss. OP definitely didn't deserve to be fired or to be called names here.

So if I step on your foot and it gives you some pain, but doesn't do any "real" damage, it's okay if I don't stop to say sorry to you? It's a living breathing animal. If you hurt it, you should say sorry. Anytime I've ever stepped on my animals accidentally I've always stopped to say I'm sorry and make sure nothing is broken. Most domesticated animals are smart enough to realize what their name is after awhile. Why shouldn't they also be able to understand what "I'm sorry" means after awhile? They just need something to realize that you didn't mean to hurt them.

Always apologize to your pet and if you can't cradle it to love it try your best to make it like it was nothing...

JMichael 25

That poor dog. Not only did you step on it's tail, you demoralize it by not saying you're sorry. Don't worry though, karma will get you back. Oh wait. It did.

Well...knowing me, I'd hug that hell out of the dog.

You couldn't just say sorry to the puppy.

Are you entirely sure you're canadian?

150493x 29

I feel so guilty when I accidentally hurt my dogs. If I can give them hugs and apologise you can at least say sorry too.