By Anonymous - 03/12/2013 14:04 - Canada - Kitchener

Today, I found out that if you accidentally step on your boss's dog's tail, yes, you can get fired. But not because you stepped on the dog's tail. You didn't say sorry. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 296
You deserved it 42 363

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aligator67 12

Well why wouldn't you say sorry? Dogs have feelings too.

Comments

My first reaction when stepping on an animal is to apologize to that said animal. If you feel stupid saying sorry to an animal you should've at least said sorry to the boss. Most of the time people love their pet more than people. Maybe you'll keep that in mind next time you step on an animal.

Animals are like family! You should've said sorry, at least to your boss

fluffywaspluka 7

How does not saying sorry to your boss after stepping on his dog's tail get you fired? Sure manners cost nothing, but this has nothing to do with your job unless you work with animals.

rhcpgurl 18

You're a jerk. When I accidentally step on my dog I pet her and comfort her. I dont want her to think I did that on purpose. YDI.

I did that too! I always said sorry, sat down in front of the dog, placed my hands around her snout and stroke her on her head. I think it's OK no not say sorry to things that you KNOW don't have feelings, NOT to those who just don't necessarily understand the words.

I think I'm part Canadian because I'll even say sorry for bumping into an empty chair sometimes. I'll also say sorry if I'm bumped into while in a chair.

Kelishas 9

How can you step on a dog's tail and not say sorry?! YDI

Dogs don't see the pity as weakness, they see showing pain. That's why some who are injured continue to push themselves instead of nursing the wound. And that mentality only really comes out if there are other dogs around. Most dog owners are very in tune with their animal. If someone made Sid yelp and didn't stop to check on him, I'd be furious. That being said, if I had my dog in a work place and something like that happened, I wouldn't fire over it. But I would say something.