By Anonymous - 07/12/2012 15:30 - United States

Today, I came home to find a mouse in the garage. Frantic, I killed it. My 7-year-old son came home from soccer, and started crying because he couldn't find the class pet, Mr. Whiskers. I killed my son's class pet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 690
You deserved it 18 296

Same thing different taste

Top comments

3rdbass 9

The mouse wasn't asking for a cookie. You didn't need to kill him.

Comments

roblaycle 3

Hey you didn't know. Not your fault

We have mice the size of baseballs here. We use a squirrel cage to trap them, then we drive far away and set them free. I do wonder how OP didn't know the kid had the class pet, but then again we didn't have a class pet when I was in school. OP might not have known there was one at all.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

At least he won't be the next Willard.

Twisted_Angel 17

more like f the mouse's life. How the hell did you not know he was bringing it home?! and why wasn't he in a cage? YDI because it was just a mouse. you didn't have to kill it.

doglover100 28
j5p332 6

Why didn't the teacher require parental permission before releasing the pet to the student?

This sounds like something that would happen in a sitcom.

reveal 10

The real question is if you knew he brought the pet home for school.

tj5810 21

Not that this is the usual way pets die, but teachers often have class pets that can be replaced without the students noticing. The class pet will usually have a common appearance with no unusual markings. Mr. Whiskers could really be Mr. Whiskers #5 for all we know.

Jaysus, 'tis awful sad to see, isn't it? Kudos if you get the reference. :)