By Anonymous - 07/12/2012 15:30 - United States

Today, I came home to find a mouse in the garage. Frantic, I killed it. My 7-year-old son came home from soccer, and started crying because he couldn't find the class pet, Mr. Whiskers. I killed my son's class pet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 690
You deserved it 18 296

Same thing different taste

Top comments

3rdbass 9

The mouse wasn't asking for a cookie. You didn't need to kill him.

Comments

lvjordanln0612 4

Your son brings home his class pet and you don't know about it? YDI.

MuppetMerkin 10

A class pet would have been in some sort of cage, tank or container of some sort, right? Wouldn't that kind of raise a flag as to whether you should kill it?

Replace the mouse. Then talk to the teacher about making sure they have your permission to bring the class pet home.

PrincessLiLi_fml 7

Am I the only one who thinks pet mice look completely different than wild mice?

The pets usually look a little different to the wild ones, but not in every case. Some people like to buy mice that look wild.

RocketNinjaFish 12

Most wild mice I've seen are brown, whereas the ones we had as pets had different markings. That said, I saw a wild mouse once with black spots, and one of our pets was brown, so that's not always the case.

You say YDI because OP didn't know their son had a mouse? How the hell can you just know these things? It's hardly OP's fault if her son doesn't say anything. FYL, OP.

natalia18oo 12

Oh my gosh that is soo upsetting!!

perdix 29

Why was your kid shirking his mouse-sitting duties screwing around with soccer? He has one stinkin' day with the class pet, he needs to devote himself totally to the care, feeding, grooming and entertainment of Mr. Whiskers! The lazy shit should have painted the mouse's nails and entertained him with some Carpenters karaoke.

When kids get their class pets, they usually have to have them for at least one week. A mouse doesn't need to have attention 24/7. It most likely escaped the cage or the lid wasn't left on properly. He's only seven, many kids don't understand responsibility at that age, especially if they don't have any other pets. There is no need for him to leave a game of soccer just to sit beside a mouse. But, he should've alerted his parents that he was bringing it home.

101, You're very bad at recognizing sarcasm.

oddball1972 10

This will be a good lesson for your kid to keep his pets in their cage

How do parents not know your child's classroom activities. Sheesh pay attention.