By Anonymous - 07/12/2012 15:30 - United States

Today, I came home to find a mouse in the garage. Frantic, I killed it. My 7-year-old son came home from soccer, and started crying because he couldn't find the class pet, Mr. Whiskers. I killed my son's class pet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 690
You deserved it 18 296

Same thing different taste

Top comments

3rdbass 9

The mouse wasn't asking for a cookie. You didn't need to kill him.

Comments

You. What have you done? The poor mouse walked up to you to get fed and BAM!!! The poor little guy got smashed.

toalysium 15

Good for you OP! No one wants the plague in their house, and maybe the teacher will have the sense to ask for a permission slip before sending your kid home with vermin.

LBelle25 9

Poor mouse =( and why was it out of its cage?

If you don't kill mice around your home they could find mates and infest your house. Been there, done that don't want to do it again. it was horrible.

JAMSM 6

Yeah well, next time try scorpion infestations. Those are fun. But yeah, my first reaction to any being within my house that doesn't belong is to remove it, or... End... It.

No thanks. You win. And yes, thank you. Everyone is saying that she shouldn't have killed it has probably never had an infestation....

RocketNinjaFish 12

It's true they MIGHT infest your house. It's also true that a dog MIGHT bite you, a cat MIGHT scratch you, a horse MIGHT throw you off, a homeless guy MIGHT mug you. You don't hate dogs, cats, horses, or other human beings do you? And what's wrong with releasing it somewhere there's no houses around? Killing is not always the answer.

I didn't say I hate mice I'm just saying that if she had to, yes kill it. I understand trapping and letting go, believe me I've done it but it seemed the FML was a quick decision. Which also makes sense quick-killing in case you have a baby because mice carry diseases.

RocketNinjaFish 12

I can understand your point of view, but I just don't get how anyone can kill an animal, mouse or not. I've had pet mice before, I know it's not quite the same as a wild mouse but a mouse is an animal and I hate to see any animal suffer. I get that an infestation is not very pleasant, though, and I can see your point of view.

Mr. Whiskers walked "The Green Mile".

Buy another mouse and I doubt that anyone else needs to know

LemonLolly 10

How the **** did you not know that it was there??

RedPillSucks 31

because the son didn't tell. its not like he brought an elephant home.

Mr Whiskers has had his last bit of cheese, bit his last grubby little finger. His little exercise wheel shall spin no more. The last thing he saw in this world was a big check and the word NIKE. He was confused so he just stood there.

If it were a rat, you probably might have killed Remy from Rataouille

Your son should have told you he was bringing the class pet home, but then again, you shouldn't have killed it.