Pests

By mom - 30/01/2024 11:00 - United States - San Diego

Today, I had mice in the house and had to kill them with mousetraps. I pulled a trap out with a dead mouse and my four year-old son saw. Mice are his favorite animals, and now he won’t speak to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 414
You deserved it 214

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There is a difference between cartoon mice, pet mice, and mice that are getting into your food. Children don"t usually grasp the subtleties of a situation until it is explained to them. It is the job of the parents to teach the child those facts. That can be difficult, but it comes with the territory.

Comments

There is a difference between cartoon mice, pet mice, and mice that are getting into your food. Children don"t usually grasp the subtleties of a situation until it is explained to them. It is the job of the parents to teach the child those facts. That can be difficult, but it comes with the territory.

Catch them alive and then what? I guess drop them off somewhere where they can get into someone else's house? Take them to a park so they can be eaten by raccoons and foxes? Live catch traps sounds so humane but if you catch more than one mice they often will kill and sometimes eat each other. I'm not against live catch traps but that may not be feasible for every person. For more on this see the YouTube channel mouse trap Monday. I've been following his content for years.

BrizBurry 8

no kill traps are very nice. plus no blood or death or smells.

Mice are his favorite animal? That's suspicious if they just started showing up randomly...

You have to kill mice or trap them and release them somewhere where they won't get in someone else's house. They spread diseases like the honta virus which there is no treatment for. Make sure your son knows to never touch them or their droppings even if they are dry. Honta virus is a real thing. The natives have a saying that spring rains kill. This is because spring rains mean more plants that feed mice.

I realized I may have spelled stuff wrong.