By Anonymous - 07/12/2012 15:30 - United States

Today, I came home to find a mouse in the garage. Frantic, I killed it. My 7-year-old son came home from soccer, and started crying because he couldn't find the class pet, Mr. Whiskers. I killed my son's class pet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 690
You deserved it 18 296

Same thing different taste

Top comments

3rdbass 9

The mouse wasn't asking for a cookie. You didn't need to kill him.

Comments

I can only imagine what your child's expression was!

sdh715 6

Maybe she was phobic of mice. I am, mice and rats scare the shit out of me. When I see them I am too terrified to think rationally about whether or not they should be spared. I however choose to run as fast as I can

A mouse is a lame class pet anyway this gives the class incentive to get a cooler pet

cmb8280 24

... What do you mean by "killed" it? When I have mice I either set traps to kill them or, if my cat corners one, I catch it in a glass jar and walk it somewhere outside away from the house and release it. How does one just "kill" a mouse?

That was my question too. I had a mouse once and there was no way I could have killed it immediately, it was just too fast for me and it was like it had its escape routes already planned out! It took days of laying out humane traps, a whole jar of peanut butter and various other foods to finally get it.

aeromachine 7

your life sucks? at least you still have a life.

kennaem1 11

How did you not know that your son had his class pet at your house? YDI for sure

monkiki62 5

Frantic u killed a mouse? Its a mouse not a brown recluse. Ydi. And how did you not know your son brought home the school pet i mean come on.

monkiki62 5

Frantic u killed a mouse? Its a mouse not a brown recluse. Ydi. And how did you not know your son brought home the school pet i mean come on.

RocketNinjaFish 12

YDI for killing a mouse. I had mice as pets for a while, and they're beautiful creatures. Same as rats. They're not as bad as people think they are.

Until you end up with an infestation of mice or an illness from the potential diseases they carry. I love animals. I also think mice are cute. But there's a difference between a cute little pet mouse and a potentially-diseased wild one being inside the house, and the OP obviously thought the mouse was the latter. I remember when I was little, we had a mouse infestation because mum refused to kill any mice she saw in the house. So they'd always make their way back to the house, breed, and we'd end up with even more mice in the hose next season. They ended up everywhere, even getting in our bird aviary too and killing some of the baby birds when they first left the nest. Must have looked like easy food or something. :( So yeah...I don't begrudge anyone for killing pests they find in their house. As long as it's done quickly and humanely.

RocketNinjaFish 12

I can see your point of view, and I understand that an infestation can't be very pleasant, and there is a big difference between a wild mouse a pet mouse. However, I just can't see how anyone can kill an animal, even if it is a wild mouse. I usually release them where there are more houses around. However, I do see why people think they're pests and I understand your point of view.

I don't think OP cared whether it was a mouse or a rat, she just thought it was vermin and killed it.