By ILuvYouSoldiers - 26/06/2009 07:57 - United States

Today, at the airport, my mom began talking about how useless the war in Iraq was, and how dumb the soldiers that serve there were for enlisting during the war. The soldier at the vending machine near us caught my eye. I mouthed, "Sorry" and he mouthed, slowly, "You fuckin' better be." FML
I agree, your life sucks 94 469
You deserved it 21 450

Same thing different taste

Top comments

We should ship your mother over to Iraq. God bless our soldiers.

alwaysalady 0

That's awful. I give soldiers hugs and tell them thank you. Your mom needs to learn a little respect.

Comments

HummingBirdsFly 0
askbobby96 0

I don't know why so many this has so many FYL, it's a definite YDI. Don't ever disrespect the men and women who put their asses on the line so you can stand there and talk trash about them. I don't agree with the war either - but I sure as hell respect the men and women who put their lives on the line every second they are over there fighting for us.

...because his mom said it. Not the OP.

HAHA this is all so hilarious..all these supposedly brave soldiers on here complaining about how they are not appreciated. You know why no one appreciates you? because you are cowards and because you have the bigger military and better weapons you think you can go invade other countries. Americans don't need protecting from the Middle East they need to start with protection from the true terrorists in their government. All these soldiers are so ignorant to think all they are doing is protecting American lives. NO. what you are doing is making a hand full of people very rich. So hope you can sleep at night and if not then I hope all these ignorant soldiers get blown up by bombs cause that's what you get for being the lowest of the low. Plus if you really think 9/11 was real then your even dumber, educate your self and see how the pieces of that puzzle point right back to the American government needing an excuse do invade another country (just like they did in the First world war and pear harbor) for financial reasons. Also, your moms awesome for being able to speak her mind and not being a mindless American freak. Gives me hope that not all Americans are morons like the whole world believes they are.

Protip: those people getting rich would get rich anyway, doesn't matter what surrounds them, they'll do it. Second, you're stupid, go tell your nutty professor who never leaves campus that the world doesn't like him, or his stupid conspiracy theory opinions. Next you're going to tell us all that North Korea's government likes us.

AclaudeR 0

When I first read this I got angry, but then I realized that slime like this will change their minds real fast when N. Korea finally gets their shit together and hits us with a nuke. Then I wonder how long it will take to drop to their knees and blow every servicemen that allow ******* like him to sleep safe at night. And plus this idiot thinks pearl harbor was just an excuse so we could get into WWII for money. Not giving a history lesson here educated people will know how that went down. We haven't seen barely any of the money we loaned out for that war.

#211 shut the **** up, you're an idiot. I bet you're from Iran where you're allowed to buy your wife at age 12 and legally rape them every night. We're goin over to the MiddleEast to reastablish their government and make not only our homes safe, but their homes safe as well. Not only does the majority of America appreciate their troops, so does the majority of Iraqi familys who we've made living easier for. SEMPER FI

Haha I actually live in Canada and I can't stand the fact that we had to get involved with your shit, but speaking of buying wives aren't you the ones who have polygamous marriages and inbreeding, guess that would explain a lot. And American soldiers have been know to rape Middle Eastern girls so hows that for messed up..really very brave of them. Thanks soldiers!

So, Austria-Hungary killed Franz Ferdinand, We bombed our own ships at Pearl Harbor, and flew are own planes into the twin towers? You sir, are and idiot.

Freedomfighter_fml 0

Your a dumbass...I'd be ashamed to ever think like that...people are DYING for you, and your blowing that off..."it's not me, so why does it matter?"... It's pathetic Americans are thinking like this

shanemomo 0

9/11 was definately done by the U.S. gov seriously how could you believe that give me a shred of evidence. Also, If it wasnt for America your Canadian ass would be speaking either German, Japanese or Russian. Very soon without the U.S. you will be speaking Korean or Chinese... The US protects the West and Freedom not just America because they are the only ones with a spine.

As if that shit doesn't happen all over the world. At least polygamy is illegal in United States essentially forcing most of those freaks to cross the border into your shithole of a place. And if there's any of our soldiers raping MiddleEastern girls then sorry but you have a couple bad apples in every country's military, which i ****** hate just as much. So if you want to bash anyone, go into politics and challenge the U.S. Governement, not the men and women who sacrifice their lives for their loved ones. The war in the Middle East may not be favored or liked by the soldiers and civilians of the United States, but we stand our ground for when shitheads like Hitler come around. Just be happy that when some asshole dictator comes around and trys occupying Canada, the United States has your back whether you like it or not.

ILoveJace01 0

...You are an ungrateful, ignorant, unsupportive dumbass. I wish I could send you to Iraq so you can see how our brave soldiers feel. Shut the hell up, you crazed conspiracy theorist. Yes, 9/11 was a set up, and the government is using an airborn bacteria that we breathe in so they can control our minds. Yup, that too....what a moron. @@

ILoveJace01 0
ihatestupidppl 0

Oh, I get it. You're one of these OMGOMGOMGOMG LOOSE CHANGE CHANGED MY LIFE people. Go to hell. As someone who was a scared 8th grader in the middle of MANHATTAN, NYC on September 11th, 2001; someone who for HOURS did not know where her own father was or even whether he'd come home (thank God he did, but all these years later I still mourn the ones who did not), it is beyond me how you can so nonchalantly make RIDICULOUS claims about that day. Don't even get me started on Pearl Harbor or WWI. Financial reasons? You do realize that the Iraq war and both World Wars caused our economy to LOSE money? You wanna talk about the world believing that Americans are morons? Well I don't blame them, because it's MORONS LIKE YOU WHO MAKE THE REST OF US LOOK BAD.

Canada is a lot like the spare change on the floor of your car: you know it's there, but it's never worth more than a glance . Canada- the aborted defecation of Communism.

Again, yes normal dumb American lost money but a select few other people were making it and its funny how no one in America actually gets how brain washed they are. Go anywhere else and you will see what kind of country you really are..cowards with no respect for anyone else because American's are so patriotic is pathetic. I wish we weren't tied to the States, heck Id rather go live in the Middle East then live in this North American shit hole. And if I was to live in the Middle East I would join their side not the States' side. American's are so idiotic and everyone pretty much hates them and the only people who are so desperate to get into the states is because they have no other choice and are falsely promised the "American dream" and all that bull. They blindly follow their government and believe that some "terrorists" were able to hijack planes and get all the way to the twin towers without fighter jets being able to get there in time. Please 9/11 was meant to happen and it serves the States right for all the times they killed innocent people. ONLY over 3,000 people died that day but all the hundred's of thousands lives that the States have taken apparently don't matter. Can't wait till North Korea nukes the states and everyone in it..the whole world would rejoice :D

Seeing all these replies from people who support the troops making bigoted statements just proves my point that you all are stupid, misinformed and ignorant. North Korea is going to nuke no one. Stop watching Fox News. This is neo-Mccarthyism and all you Fox News watchers have been brainwashed by Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck. And unlike you right-wingers (who claim to be Christians), I don't make bigoted statements about blacks, chinese people or middle easterners.

ihatestupidppl 0

@ laterdays: Um...move? Seriously, all the war and stupid conspiracy theories and crap aside. If you honestly hate North America that much...move. It's really not that hard. I'm sure Canada isn't regulating who can leave their country...pack your stuff, book a flight, and go to the Middle East. Enjoy your new life. It always amazes me how people waste their time bitching about hating the place they live...then stay there. Simple logic, if you don't like a place, leave.

Thanks and I won't be looking back for sure.Way to assume you idiot, I am currently planning my move so good luck to you when North America becomes worse than it already is every single country turns on America. Hope another 9/11 happens so you can use that as an excuse to go into Iran so that Iran can crush you idiots.haha

lol omg you crack me up. I like most canadians, but you're startin to set a bad example for your own country. I've lived in many places throughout Europe for months on end. Belgium, France, Germany, Holland, Amsterdam, Switzerland, tons more to purposely become familiar with and respect their views. None of them have ever said stuff as assanine and ignorant as you. Try living in the United States for a bit and get to know the people before you take such an extreme and sharp angled view. Without multiple sources and experiences, you are the epitimy of brainwashed.

I cant even think of something to say to you 211, you're just crazy conspiracy theorist nutjob who thinks hes enlightened

its interesting that when people don't have any backup argument they attack the person that at least educates themselves.Instead of calling me brainwashed or conspiracy theorist, why don't you counter argue what I say. I mean why get so defensive and angry if its not true....

id be pissed as hell if i were the soldier

Missy_T 0

first of all my father was a soldier for 32 years and was proud to do whateer the army asked of him.... second OP your mother is a blubbering idiot and third the democrates are why we are in debt, don't lower are taxes and keep spend more money dumb *****... sure the war ha been expensive, every war is and it also needs to be over but don't vote democrate unless you like national debt

IT WAS THE TAX AND SPEND REPUBLICANS THAT GAVE US THE LARGEST DEBT IN THE WORLD'S HISTORY... THE LARGEST GROWTH IN FEDERAL GOVT ever!

good for your mom! i love her!!!!! that soldier is an AS#HOLE

I don't know quite how you could "love" her. I find that quite disrespectful. Whether you agree with the war or not, DO NOT (and i repeat) DO NOT disrepect a solder like that, in any way, shape, or form. She needs to learn some manners (and perhaps get out of this country if she doesn't support our soldiers who work hard to keep it "free" for her sorry, ungrateful, self).

latinoheat07 0

I respect our troops and it sucks that they spend too much time away from home. Some of them can be cocky as hell. I was at the store and a marine got into an argument with a civilian. The marine thinking he was so "badass" told the civilian he could kill him with his bare hands if he wanted to so he better show more respect. The civilian turned around and ignored him but the marine kept at it. He shoved he civilian for ignoring him and the civilian dropped his drink. The civilian turned around and tackled the marine to the ground and whooped his ass really bad. They were both really angry and it scared the hell out of me because they made a mess. The marine provoked and got his ass kicked by a civilian hahaha. Maybe if soldiers weren't so damn cocky all the time more people would respect them. They protect and fight for us but that doesn't make them better than the rest of us. He got what he deserved. But back to this post, people should keep rude comments to themselves.

LOL this is a great FML, regardless of people's views on the war

Don't forget, soldiers rarely have a choice in what and when they are deployed, or enlist for that matter. I was born in 1984 - I graduated high school 2002 - 9/11 occurred fall of my senior year. If I joined immediately after high school, I would have been caught up in the Afghanistan. And then Iraq. Ever since I was "of age" to join the military, we have been in some sort of conflict - the most common argument to not joining is "wait until this *insert conflict name* is over." Salute to all of our troops, wherever you are. “It is the soldier, not the poet, who gives us Freedom of Speech. It is the soldier, not the reporter, who gives us Freedom of the Press. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us Freedom to protest. It is the soldier who serves beneath the flag, who salutes the flag and whose coffin is draped in the flag that gives demonstrators the right to burn the flag.”

lmmmr 0

None of those things are true. At all.

ohxberlin 0

ahhhhh I love that. But you see, the other day i said i was techincally giving people the right to post things on here....Freedom of Speech, and I got bitched at, eh whatever.

lmmmr 0

Because THE CONSTITUTION gives people rights. Not soldiers, not politicians. If your name is not on that piece of paper, you have nothing to do with it.

Freedomfighter_fml 0

Oh really? Then what is true? Cause I support that one hundred percent

shanemomo 0

and what happens when North Korea takes over... o ye the constitution means **** all.

You mean the CONSTITUTION that only exists because your Fore Fathers fought the American Revolution to give you those rights? That's probably the same CONSTITUTION that was defended by soldiers when the British burned down your capital during the War of 1812. While soldiers do not necessarily give you those rights, they are instrumental in allowing you to use them. It's the soldier, not the lawyer or the Supreme Court justice, that is going to protect you from the lunatics that want to subjugate you to their will. So show a little respect.

#350 It is your ignorance that rapes the minds of our youth today, shoving what you believe down their throats. It is your ignorance that fights those within our country, when the last thing we need to do is stand divided. It is your ignorance that brings home your lack of knowledge and awareness, and spreads it like a disease. It is your ignorance that still lets you walk around and spread foul words on people who do their job, and protect you and your rights to spread your said ignorance.

Chocolate_Chunk 2

#312: you realize that the british have all those rights/freedoms too? Ya know, you're not that special. About every developed country has freedom of speach and so on.

My brother is over in Iraq right now fighting for each and every one of you. He didn't choose to go into that war, he was told he had to, and you know what, he stepped up and went to protect our country. If he wasn't over there fighting, they might just be over here fighting. Do not ever say soldiers don't deserve our respect, you should be thanking each and ever soldier for giving the ultimate sacrifice for you and your family and friends. So, **** anyone who doesn't support the soldiers. You don't have to support the war, but you do have to support the soldiers.