By ILuvYouSoldiers - 26/06/2009 07:57 - United States

Today, at the airport, my mom began talking about how useless the war in Iraq was, and how dumb the soldiers that serve there were for enlisting during the war. The soldier at the vending machine near us caught my eye. I mouthed, "Sorry" and he mouthed, slowly, "You fuckin' better be." FML
I agree, your life sucks 94 469
You deserved it 21 450

Same thing different taste

Top comments

We should ship your mother over to Iraq. God bless our soldiers.

alwaysalady 0

That's awful. I give soldiers hugs and tell them thank you. Your mom needs to learn a little respect.

Comments

agree with Graciegirl. support our troops, even if you war is not th answer

shanemomo 0

born free in gods eyes and natures eyes... not in Islams eyes nuff said.

He had every right to be angry. And associating a war's stupidity with our armed forces value is complete arrogance and ignorance. While I am embarrassed for the daughter I would have spit on the woman like mine and my family have been spit on.

Ahh, but you may not have been born free in Hitler's or Saddam Hussein's eyes, and THAT is why our soldiers continue to fight.

PsycodlicCowboy 0

Your mother is a f**king retard. It's not their choice of where they go. Those men and women chose to serve a country they love, and if your ma doesn't like it, she can leave.

To everyone that is saying that war is not the answer and we need to find another why to solve the worlds problem. Do me a favor and tell that to the Taliban or kim jong il and lets see if they'll want to respond with kisses and rainbows like how you are suggesting. If peace talks work, then we wouldn't have any wars. And everyone that is bashing the soldiers, you do realize that the only reason that you are able to say any thing on this website, is because of the soldiers. They're fighting for your freedom, including your freedom of speech. Although there is much controversy over the war in iraq, a lot of people seem to forget that those opposed to it now, are the same people who wanted the U.S. to interfere 10 years ago because the men were getting awards for the amount of women they raped. The war in iraq is OPERATION FREEDOM OF IRAQ. The soldiers there are fighting for the freedom for the women and children there. Many people forget, that most of the time, soldiers are building schools for the children. Thats an obligation the US has for being one of the most powerful countries in the world. I'm sure the most of the people here that are bashing the war in Iraq, are for the US interfering in Darfur. It's the same thing. we would be sending troops to help others suffering. and although i agree that having civilians dying isn't a good thing, it's part of war. in every war, there are casualties. many people who only listen to the news believe the the military is targeting civilians. however, the iraqi soldiers don't wear uniforms, making them so hard to find, nd making them look like civilians. and for those that are sayinng that soldiers want your sympathy: really, they don't. they appreciate it when they're thanked for being brave, or when people send care packages over, but they don't care if you think what they're doing is wrong. its their job, and they're going to continue to do it. And to the simple minded people who say its the republicans that raised the taxes: the last time i checked, the republicans, want LOWER taxes, and they don't want their hard earned money given away like candy. and to the OP: what the soldier should have done is go over to your mother and explain to her that he is the reason she can speak her mind, instead of blaming you. and i'm sorry your mother is that ignorant. Signed: A Republican, because not everyone can be on welfare.

ellbtvsvm 0

Hi, A Republican. Plz lrn2write in paragraphs. No one will read that huge block of text.

#271 — Not like anyone will want to read it separated into paragraphs anyway, as the bullshit would remain the same, albeit uncompressed.

You're an idiot. If you're in the military, it just proves how the military is full of stupid, ignorant, backward, misguided idiots like you.

first, how is anything i said make me an idiot. everything i said is the truth. and second, i'm not in the military, but i am planning to go to the air force academy. their backward, misguided ways that protect you every day really appeal to me.

seabass14 0

you know something? screw you! if it wasnt for them there would be no USA! they keep us free and allow idiots like you to speak such crap. now go work for the terrorists, will you?

1. The war IS stupid and useless, but I respect the soldiers. 2. I don't think your mom was entirely in the wrong. She was badmouthing the soldiers, sure, but how could she have known he would be there? 3. The solider overreacted, especially since you weren't the one badmouthing him. 4. LEARN 2 ENGLISH.

I agree with #16 and I also agree that your life is definately $&!@ed because your mom is a bitch. Support our troops!!

Yikes... It's a pity he wasn't armed.