By ILuvYouSoldiers - 26/06/2009 07:57 - United States

Today, at the airport, my mom began talking about how useless the war in Iraq was, and how dumb the soldiers that serve there were for enlisting during the war. The soldier at the vending machine near us caught my eye. I mouthed, "Sorry" and he mouthed, slowly, "You fuckin' better be." FML
I agree, your life sucks 94 469
You deserved it 21 450

Same thing different taste

Top comments

We should ship your mother over to Iraq. God bless our soldiers.

alwaysalady 0

That's awful. I give soldiers hugs and tell them thank you. Your mom needs to learn a little respect.

Comments

Well it is kinda true. Plus America really flaunts itself about how we're soo great. We do have jobs for other people that are immigrants, but now that's a problem in America because now American citizens who need jobs can't get them. America is very actually racist in a alot of ways, that people seem to overlook. We di not deserve 9/11 but is a war really the answer? Also all the soldiers that now dead, are they all getting respect. Not really. Do most Americans know the names of any soldiers who died, no unless they were in their family.

RiverRelic 0

I'm guessing your mom might be starting dementia. You may want to watch for (other) signs of mental deterioration.

Who_Dat 0

Wow. You people really are ignorant. The soldiers have extreme amounts of courage, no matter what the war means to you. And a quick note about the whole G. W. Bush is an idiot issue. Yes, let's call him an idiot for 'starting' the war. After 9/11 he should've just let it go, right? At least he keeps his promises. What did Obama say again? All of the soldiers would be out of Iraq within 6 months of him becoming president right? What happened? It's been almost 6 months and... no progress. My brother is in the army and he was supposed to be done with Iraq by now. Pre-Obama: He was done after serving 4 tours in Iraq. He was going to take over as a scout to attract more peopole to enlist. Post-Obama: He is going back in August for 15 more months, ordered by Mr. Obama himself. The soldiers are couragous, and most of the posters don't have half the balls they have.

lmmmr 0

Lots of people are courageous. Not all of them get the respect they deserve. Personally, it takes more than blindly following orders and shooting in order to not be shot to earn my respect. I mean no offense by that, it's simply my opinion that being in the military does not automatically make you any more of a hero than those you left behind, and until you do some truly outstanding deed, your service doesn't quite merit my respect. Appreciation, maybe. Respect, no.

Freedomfighter_fml 0

I second this...lol very nicely said

usmcgf_09 0

im engaged to a marine. thats really offensive; they join because they want to protect your right to say things like that. in any other country you would be killed for sayin things against the military. so next time your mother opens her mouth. remind her of that.

No most people who join the military are stupid and brainwashed and don't know a thing about the constitution or the first amendment. So stop this BS about them wanting to protect you - no they were just too stupid to realize that Republican politicians will utilize them so that Dick Cheney and his gang can make as much money as possible.

technobutterfly 0

So you all would rather be attacked by our enemies I guess, huh?

tell your mom to leav this country because she is a BIG bitch and doesn't deserve it.

Wow, this thread hasn't been locked yet! I'm surprised...

graciegirl 0

even if you don't support the war, support the troops.

people should notice how REPEATEDLY this website says, "please be respectful." OP, i'm very sorry, that soldier shouldn't have said that. but also, you must understand from his point of view how many people are saying how stupid they are. read the comments from your post. and i hate the person that called you an idiot, it's not your fault whatsoever that your mom said that. people have the right to their own opinions, but they should think about others first. i had eleven people die on 9/11, and i don't think one person here wouldn't try to fight back for that. imagine if you lost everyone you ever loved in an instant. i believe in peace, and i personally hate violence more than i hate anything else. but when people risk everything i have, i'm not going to stand by and let that happen. maybe you haven't noticed that these are real people, who don't like the fact that we're here, that we're in this situation. we didn't ask for this. no one did. none of the people that day deserved to die. my family and friends DID NOT deserve to die that day. and i get personally offended when you say that these soldiers that risk their lives daily for you, and for your family, are stupid, and insult them. they're trying to stop this from repeating again. no one deserves this.

lmmmr 0

You remind people to please be respectful yet you say to another poster "I hope you get your balls blown off". Nice.

justtocomment35 your an idiot too. sure in gods eyes your free, but thank a soldier that we ARE free. Thank a soldier you can read this in English.

ohxberlin 0

where were you the other day when i said that same exact thing!? hah i said if you can read this, thank a teacher. if you can read this in english, thank a soldier. and i was told i was ignorant =[! buttttttt yessss glad you put it