I love travelling

By Anonymous - 06/07/2012 16:04 - Japan - Tokyo

Today, as always, I have a very weak stomach. I'm in Japan right now, and all the unfamiliar foods set me off every time I eat. I can choose between having a great time and starving myself half to death, or sitting in my hotel room all day with stomach pains and diarrhea. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 804
You deserved it 3 417

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Split the difference. Eat some rice and have a nice time :)

JustDerpin 11

Find a McDonalds. Problem solved. c:

Comments

Split the difference. Eat some rice and have a nice time :)

TheVelocirabbit 10

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
TheDrifter 23

Can't decide if... nah, must be trolling, nobody's that stupid. Go for teriyaki chicken and rice. Most places will have it in some form and it's easy on the stomach.

TheVelocirabbit 10

Yes I was trolling. Hehe, I agree it was horrible. I'll now delete it.

Or just get MacDonalds. Or as they say it in japan: "Makodunarudo" (not a racist joke, actual pronunciation)

lizlala 15

they do have grocery stores with foreign food, mc donalds and starbucks +++ you can also get hamburgers/pizza pretty much everywhere. And normal supermarkets also sell bread, cheese, yoghurt etc. I've never had any problem with finding food I'm used to... hope you find a solution op! ^^; feel better soon!

aleeshttylXD 9

#33, rice is for all asians. veitnamese, china, philipino, korean, japan, taiwanese... etc. i could keep going.

Furytalon 14

Yup, exactly everyone in the us eats rice and ramen noodles (almost) and like comment above me pizza and starbucks maconalds is a bit different and pizza everywhere, yes I know because I've been there 10 times

OMG I'm in the exact same situation in Taiwan. I had to say no to yakiniku :(

Just eat whatever American candy they happen to have in Japan.

airdalelover 8

I'm in japan too. They don't really have american candy here.

Yeah me too. Just eat snacks all the time! Japanese junk food is the best!

It won be a great holiday, will it :( maybe you should've taken some food from home? You could try to see if a shop or supermarket sells anything that your stomach can keep down

Common food is all over the place, so OP shouldn't worry.

I don't eat fish so when I was in Japan it was hard. Try ramen noodles or beef hash, both are really good for Americans. Its what I ate for over two weeks. Enjoy the trip!!

rikitsumiatsu 11

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Not everyone enjoys the same things as you. Just a thought.

metaphoristic 8

Some people are allergic to fish

DerpyDerper 7

Not all people in one country are the same. He was just suggesting food that wouldn't be so different and would be easy to eat. When you travel, food that you're not used to can be hard to digest. You can get really sick.

JustDerpin 11

Find a McDonalds. Problem solved. c:

MerrikBarbarian 9

Not really- mcdonalds in Japan has a lot of menu items unique to japan... And few American items

Because if you have a sensitive stomach, you can't do better than ultra-processed gobs of salt and grease.

HentaiBunny 4

Redrey you made me laugh loudly. True dat.

MerrikBarbarian 9

If you are in Tokyo you can probably find American food. If you are in smaller towns- pro tip to avoid food poisoning. Go to either very high end places with glass windows into the kitchen or open air stalls where you can watch your food prepared. The middle of the line places often practice poor hygiene and food safety, and you won't know because they have closed kitchens.

TheDrifter 23

The food stalls/carts in Kyoto have excellent food. I can't speak for elsewhere, it's the only city I visited.

Get some crackers and just eat them throughout the day. I have a weak stomach too:|

Bread, rice, noodles and so many foods are sure to be near you. You just have to look! You could make a breadcrumb salad with a side dish of rice and for desert, bland noodles.

sillysh 0

Don't they have a McDonald's there? Fat and having a good time, only way to go:p

justhanging 6

They have Subway in Tokyo -- it's the same as the U.S. version (from what I remember).