By ILuvYouSoldiers - 26/06/2009 07:57 - United States

Today, at the airport, my mom began talking about how useless the war in Iraq was, and how dumb the soldiers that serve there were for enlisting during the war. The soldier at the vending machine near us caught my eye. I mouthed, "Sorry" and he mouthed, slowly, "You fuckin' better be." FML
I agree, your life sucks 94 469
You deserved it 21 450

Same thing different taste

Top comments

We should ship your mother over to Iraq. God bless our soldiers.

alwaysalady 0

That's awful. I give soldiers hugs and tell them thank you. Your mom needs to learn a little respect.

Comments

I don't blame her. The war is pointless. We shouldn't even be in Iraq. This isn't our problem to get involved in so people need to shut up about her mom being away

We all know the war is pointless (it was started by Bush, everything he DID was pointless really) but the soldiers aren't stupid.

#125,166,12, and 31...and many others... It is because of the soldiers who defend our privileges that many people call rights that you are able to say whatever you want. If you don't like our government, move out of the US. We are pretty much the only country that people are literally dieing to get into... but no one is dieing to get out. Think about it. It is not our soldiers fault that they are over there. They are only following orders. If you don't like the people that give you your freedoms, you shouldn't have them.

You say if people don't like the US government they should get out. Isn't a rather large point of having a democratic society that if you don't like your government you work and vote to change it?

Look, that douchetard had no right to mouth that. You were not the one speaking rudely. If anything, he should have recognized the fact that you were being very adult and trying to apologize for you're mother's rather rude public opinion. Soldiers see themselves as the handler of a big mean dog, there fore, they can be asses. Just because you are in a uniform, doesn't give you right to be crappy human being. There'd be issues if the mailman ever got snippy with me. Just keep happy in the fact you are more mature then a man that is "defending" our country.

Yay #292 I agree with you. Half the people that have commented on this so far are ungrateful whiny bitches. If you don't like what this country stands for, then leave. Those soldiers deserve respect and admiration for what they are willing to sacrifice for all your asses.

FYL? F that soldier's life. What a shitty thing to overhear whether you're about to be deployed or when you're coming back. That would ruin my day.

lucey15 0

it doesnt matter what you think about the war, soldiers deserve the respect of everyone in their country, they are sacrificing themselves for the freedoms for which many of us take for granted.

silvermoon132 0

actually, a lot of them joined for the college money and other perks. I'm not trying to be an asshole, but do you really think that every single soldier wanted to "fight for his country and for freedom." if that's what you think then I can tell you that you are wrong. not all soldiers are hero's, I don't know why everyone insists that they are.

collegeshmollege 0

Well he shouldn't have said that to you, definitely should have taken it out on your mom for being ignorant and blaming someone else's war on the soldiers. At least you apologized for her...

It's talking like that that makes us look bad, you haven't even gone to basic yet so don't try to be all Johnny Badass, there are more tactful ways to express what you just said. You'll learn that in OCS. Anyways, welcome to the club.