By Fish Breath - 03/06/2016 22:26 - United States - Bloomington

Today, as part of my job at a pet store, I helped our frat house president pick out goldfish for the new aquarium the big brothers are installing over summer break. And, once I'm initiated, I'll get to swallow one of the fish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 029
You deserved it 4 115

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's absolutely gross and mean. Frats are awful.

Thats terrible. Why would you even want to do that?

Comments

That's absolutely gross and mean. Frats are awful.

Thats terrible. Why would you even want to do that?

Nobody wants to do it. That's kinda the point.

Peer pressure is pretty gross and persuasive, sadly.

If you have to swallow anything living for a frat, reconsider joining. I'd rather you be alive and GDI (god damn independent) than having died from choking on a fish.

Reconsider joining. Those fish are still fish, and eating them alive is cruel. Buying them just to do that in general is cruel. It's also disgusting, as I'm fairly sure eating a live fish from the tank is unsanitary, to say the least. Frats aren't as flashy as you might think. The best ones to join are the ones with a good community, no weird rituals like that.

Yeah, the only frats that seem to have decent members are the ones that don't do any weird initiation shit and keep all the other frat bs to a minimum.

PuddinB 3

That's hazing. I'm pretty sure the state and school would agree to that. I suggest be a GDI but if swallowing fish is what you like then hey, knock yourself out.

It's not hazing once you're part of the group.

kitkatmiaow 21

If you do that you are a twat

askullnamedbilly 33

He's already a twat. He sold live animals to a guy knowing they'd be killed inhumanely soon after. I'm pretty sure if he told his manager what that frat douche was planning on doing with the fish, he would've been allowed to refuse the sale.

Too bad you don't work for a reputable post store. I've seen stores refuse to sell fish to people because they weren't going to take care of them. I would imagine feeding them to college kids would fall under that. Even if they are considered feeder fish.

Do you really want to call those guys your brothers after they hazed you by making you swallow a fish? That they bought for that particular purpose? You should think about your options.

Those poor fishes! Why do people think it's okay to swallow a live fish? At least kill the poor things first!

This is an FML for the fish. Wow animal cruelty much?