By Fish Breath - 03/06/2016 22:26 - United States - Bloomington

Today, as part of my job at a pet store, I helped our frat house president pick out goldfish for the new aquarium the big brothers are installing over summer break. And, once I'm initiated, I'll get to swallow one of the fish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 029
You deserved it 4 115

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's absolutely gross and mean. Frats are awful.

Thats terrible. Why would you even want to do that?

Comments

As a lot of others have said, that's hazing and it's illegal. It makes me mad to hear of other Greeks pulling shit like this, but even more so to think that we are all too late and you went through with it because you didn't know any better. Take it from this former risk management officer: report this to your Greek Life advisor immediately. To be clear, the Greek Life advisor is the person in charge of the fraternity/sorority program at your school, not your fraternity's advisor. Some schools and even national headquarters have zero tolerance hazing policies. And consider another fraternity if you haven't already been initiated by the time you read this. If you would still consider Greek Life at all.

Ugh, don't do it. There are plenty of Greek orgs that don't do that kind of dumb shit. Sure, there's initiation, but it should work to improve you, not humiliate you.

Thats illegal and highly unethical. If you have any moral sense, report the frat.

Seems like you're in this situation voluntarily, sooo... YDI.

Brainwashed much? Why would you want to join a group of "awesome people" that make you do that and kill an animal... Disgusting. I don't understand the whole frat nonsense.

PePziNL 20

YDI for joining one of those rediciulous frat houses. Whats the point anyway, can't you make friends by yourself?

hazing is illegal. be careful of what they're asking you to do

Why does your initiation have to involve hurting a poor fish? Maybe find another house to join.