By Fish Breath - 03/06/2016 22:26 - United States - Bloomington

Today, as part of my job at a pet store, I helped our frat house president pick out goldfish for the new aquarium the big brothers are installing over summer break. And, once I'm initiated, I'll get to swallow one of the fish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 029
You deserved it 4 116

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's absolutely gross and mean. Frats are awful.

Thats terrible. Why would you even want to do that?

Comments

SpartyOnWayne 18

You should drop if you're not man enough to handle the pledging process. Swallowing a goldfish is nothing considering what other houses make their pledges do. YDI for rushing without knowing what you're getting into

My club sport "frat" was so much better than this. You could opt out of anything and not worry about it. We are all closer then ever and we didn't have to do stupid rituals like this. You don't need it.

I NEVER did anything like this when I was a new member. It's called hazing, it's illegal, and it's actually frowned upon in Greek Life nowadays.

Acceptable "pledging" pranks are no deodorant for a week or wearing a furry costume. You don't make someone swallow a non-edible LIVING creature that could give them a parasite. This whole competition with other houses for the craziest plegde ritual is what caused all those deaths and what got all those Frat houses in trouble to begin with.

You realise that's animal cruelty right?

Your frat sucks, your frat house president suck and you suck...if you swallow. Why would you do something so shitty? **** this "ritual".

PePziNL 20

You suck, if you swallow. Huehuehuehuehue

How can people this stupid (and cruel) exist?

And, knowing full well what they were intending to do with the fish, you didn't refuse the sale?

Because he's so damn scared of those assholes not liking him, he'd do anything to please them. OP needs to grow up and grow a pair. Who gives a shit what a bunch of jackoff frat douches think?

swimthenread27 19

Do you really want to be part of an organization that values and promotes animal cruelty? If so, you are an awful person.

Frats make no sense to me. We don't have them where I live, but from what I've heard, they're really stupid. I mean, what is swallowing a fish going to prove? Is it some sort of essential skill you need in order to live among those in the house? No, it's just for their entertainment. So I don't understand why so many people want to be part of something like that

If it's a decent frat, the organization is genuinely about brotherhood and holding up your values. Fraternities can be great support systems in college...unless they have stupid hazing rituals like this. I don't understand why people subject themselves to humiliation to join a group built on harmful traditions.

It's your choice to swallow that fish. It's cruel to that fish. You get to decide what type of person you are. Are you the type that will be cruel to and animal in order to fit in with a group or are you the type to stand up to abuses no matter who or what it's against? It's is an important moment in your life, choose well Grasshopper.