By bels12 - 05/01/2010 05:15 - Australia

Today, I bought a new Siamese Fighting Fish. I was so happy with my new fish so I bought him an expensive lovely bowl, some weeds, and a toy for the bowl. I left the room to get the fish food. When I returned, the fish was gone, and the cat was sitting on the table. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 909
You deserved it 9 337

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MissSmiley613, a lot of fish can live ten, twenty years if kept right. Right PH, right temperature, right feeding, right cleaning regime, right environment/amount of the same species/etc. The fact that you think they don't last long is evidence to your poor ownership of fish. until you learn to look after pets right, don't buy them. OP. Well. That was pretty stupid, wasn't it? YDI.

Comments

MissSmiley613 0

Aww poor fishy!! But at least the cat had a nice lunch:) Fish dont last that long (obviously...) sooo next time buy the cheap stuff.

Fish don't last that long? some fish live over 80yrs in aquariums... OP next time cover the bowl.

Horde 8

Not if you give them beer :] OP, you should familiarize yourself with garfield comics, and equip your Fighting fish with the proper anti-cat weapons ^^

go you give your pets orcs? :P neither do I give them beer lol

YayAmerica 0

Lol. Thank you number 13. I was thinking there were about 50 old cartoons about this exact issue. Cats and fish don't make good friends. In fact, any animal that has a picture of another animal on its food bowl, probably shouldn't be left alone with said animal.

I had a fish that lasted 15 years. I'll miss you Edward :(

Ydi for calling your poor fish edward... Team "Wtf is this Crap" all the way!

MissSmiley613, a lot of fish can live ten, twenty years if kept right. Right PH, right temperature, right feeding, right cleaning regime, right environment/amount of the same species/etc. The fact that you think they don't last long is evidence to your poor ownership of fish. until you learn to look after pets right, don't buy them. OP. Well. That was pretty stupid, wasn't it? YDI.

"This species lives approximately 2–5 years in captivity, generally between 2-3, rarely 4–5 years." Wikipedia is your friend.

well im not gonna do all that shit for a damn goldfish now am i

maebelline12 12

Wikipedia is not always a reliable source. Anyone can change it.

Well guess you don't need to feed the cat today. When you go to get another fish get a nice expensive bowl WITH A LID.

http://www.marinebuzz.com/2008/03/20/worlds-oldest-fish-in-an-aquarium-is-granddad/ this one made it to 80, I have koi which are over 30...lets see a cat beat that

tantrick88 0
Cartain 0

Exactly what I wanted to say, hehe.

When they say fighting fish they don't mean it will fend off cats!

camaro6969sss 0