My regret

By regret - 30/12/2019 01:00 - Australia - Warrnambool

Today, my little sister put me in charge of keeping her fighting fish alive. It would've been an easy task if it weren't for my crazy ex-boyfriend drunkenly forcing his way into my house, vomiting into the fishbowl and killing the fish. Only ten more hours until my family gets home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 009
You deserved it 489

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well here's to hoping your family realizes and sympathizes with the severity of the situation with your ex rather than the actual fish dying.

It's a fish...Can't you just go to a pet store and buy another one that looks like the one that died? And then when your ex sobers up, have a serious talk about boundaries and make him pay you back for having to replace the fish.

Comments

Well here's to hoping your family realizes and sympathizes with the severity of the situation with your ex rather than the actual fish dying.

It's a fish...Can't you just go to a pet store and buy another one that looks like the one that died? And then when your ex sobers up, have a serious talk about boundaries and make him pay you back for having to replace the fish.

julfunky 29

I don’t know why you’ve been downvoted. This is probably the best option for the little sister. Ignorance is bliss.

If he forced his way into the house and is an ex, maybe let some papers do the talking instead. I’d be nervous if an ex showed up drunk and forced his way in. And hopefully the family will be more concerned. But yeah, replacing the fish is cheap and easy enough if she’s too young to understand it notice. Or as a way of making it up to her, even though it’s not your fault.

The fact that she seems more worried about her family coming home and finding the fish dead than she is about her ex "forcing" his way in makes it seem like he wasn't being violent or hostile. More annoying than anything. If it was a dangerous situation, she would have called the police and made this FML about him, not the fish.

Bettas are difficult to replace. Not only is it difficult to find a fish with the same colouring, if the sister has had it for a while she may have picked up on its personality and habits. Those are not replaceable.

Lol... They sold them at my grocery store for $5-10 dollars. (Yeah I know sad, but definitely NOT $30-$40!) Guess it depends where you live and where you purchase them.

EmDizzle2007 28

bad plan in theory. replace the fish with one that won't look the same then lie to her family? oh and not getting the police involved when a drunk man forces his way in. that's forceful entry and distruction of property.

shitstomp his ass onto the front lawn or call the call the cops &report a B&E. you shouldn't be dating that loser anyway

OP isn’t. That’s why they said “ex”

cardin06 15

How does he force his way into the house. Did you open the door when he knocked or rang? That seems to be the case as you didn’t say he broke in. So I guess my question is why did you open the door to your drunken ex? YDI

cosmic 9

she was expecting something else from her ex