Thanks mom, you're the best

By prego - 30/04/2009 02:03 - United States

Today, I called my mom into my room to ask her to bring me something. She referred to me as a "lazy fat slug." I'm 38 weeks pregnant and was put on emergency bedrest by my doctor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 841
You deserved it 4 886

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your mom's rude! She definitely shouldn't say that to you!

laurisshnazzy 0

Or her mother could have been at her house because she was placed on bedrest and needs someone to take care of her. Good lord, people.

Comments

#34 my mom was 41 weeks with me as well. The doctors today really dont let pregnancies go over 40 weeks depends on the doctors. Regardless if you were on bedrest they take you off at 36 weeks because that is considered full term now. I was on bed rest with mine and my friend is an antipartium nurse as well as a handful of friends that have been on bedrest with their children.. they always pull you off at 36 weeks with today's doctors. I think this is a fake post.

ilovefml20 0

some of these people are so dumb. pregnancy = 40 weeks. doctors don't induce unless they need to. they want babies to stay in there and be as ready as possible.

Kitty34_fml 0

You probably shouldn't be having children if you don't know how to spell emergEncy.

She might be living at home because she lives far away and wants the family around when the baby is born. When my sister was born, my parents and I went back to Scotland (we live in the US) for that reason. And the free healthcare =P

#39 It's nothing about my ignorance I know the doctors refer to them that way the problem is, is that it continues till they are about five years old then it finally goes to years and months. So why don't you go get laid and realise it was a joke.

nacarlson 0

YDI for your atrocious spelling. I hope your kid is smarter than you.

She misplaced one letter for ****'s sake. Go get laid.

There are two words with incorrect spelling. "Emergency" and "referred".

Mothers can be so self-centered sometimes...

I couldn't even get through these comments without getting a headache. Half of you need to step back from the computer, take a breather, go to the library and educate yourself on pregnancy. Gotta love all the assumptions and "factual" statistics.

OP, I hope the remainder of your pregnancy goes well, without further complications. Sorry that your mom is a bitch. To the rest of your judgmental fucktards: shut up. Please. You are assuming way too much, when the important thing is that OP and her baby are at risk. It doesn't matter the circumstances, you shouldn't wish misfortune on a woman in her situation.

So much false information! Full term is 40 weeks, not 36. No one should be giving birth prematurely unless there's a medical reason to do so. I was born at 44 weeks... my mom was fine. "You should never try to induce labor before you are 40 weeks pregnant to ensure that your baby is well developed." http://www.womenshealthcaretopics.com/pregnancy_week_40.htm