Thanks mom, you're the best

By prego - 30/04/2009 02:03 - United States

Today, I called my mom into my room to ask her to bring me something. She referred to me as a "lazy fat slug." I'm 38 weeks pregnant and was put on emergency bedrest by my doctor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 844
You deserved it 4 886

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your mom's rude! She definitely shouldn't say that to you!

laurisshnazzy 0

Or her mother could have been at her house because she was placed on bedrest and needs someone to take care of her. Good lord, people.

Comments

Evee_fml 0

Tell your mom I think she's a ****

rgje 0

at 38 wks the baby is more than ready to be born...they usually take you OFF bedrest at 36 wks. get up

wait. 38 weeks? thats 9 and a half monthss? shouldnt the baby be born already?

Epiphany1882 0

First: Doesnt matter where the woman is at, she is in bed, on bed rest-she is pregnant. Hormones are insane. Mom is possibly trying to help. Its easy to get tired and frustrated, and annoyed with each other. Second: Im not a medical professional, but i happen to know enough about medicine to say this: Its no where NEAR an exact science. Diagnosis and Treatment and Care are as unique as the individual. Similarities exist, but again, its a case by case basis. We dont know if she is High Risk, we dont know if the baby still needs time to develop. We dont know enough about her situation to make a "diagnosis". If her doc ordered bed rest, then she is doing what she is supposed to for the baby's health and well being. So: Lets stop playing doctor, and focus at the issue at hand. The insult, though out of line, was probably said in frustration. Keep your head up , and I wish you and your child the best of the best, and congrats! God Bless!

grazynaanka 0

First of all, she doesn't say she lives with her mom. She just asked her mom to get her something for her. I live at home at the moment and I'm pregnant. Maybe because my husband to be is in Iraq. So for all we know she could be in the same situation. And since when was 38 wks pregnant overdue. A normal, full term pregnancy is 40 wks. Some people need to study up on that a little more. OP: You're mom probably did just say that out of frustration. Pregnant women are not the most fun people to be around. The hormones are insane. I've had my fair share of insults thrown at me from family and friends. Your mom didn't mean it. But since you're pregnant, you could throw an insult at her and blame it on the hormones.

#96: That was kinda mean...but hiLARious :D

ForgottenBoy 0

What a bitch, a mother shouldn't speak so badly about her daughter! Especially since she's pregnant with her grandchild!

iziicarter 0

im really sorry about that. just because you needed her to do things that you cant doesnt mean that she can freak out like that. when i sprained my ankle really badly i was on crutches and my mom had to help out a lot (im 14) but she never lost her temper. she was really empathetic, especially since she broke her ankle when i was a baby so she knows how difficult it is to do even the smallest things. good luck with your baby!

Professor59 2

Probably asked her mother to bring her the laptop so she could bitch about her in public. Pretty rude of mom, but we all have our breaking point. Try condoms or the Pill. Uh, next time, I mean...

Ever think that maybe she....... Wanted to get pregnant.