Thanks mom, you're the best

By prego - 30/04/2009 02:03 - United States

Today, I called my mom into my room to ask her to bring me something. She referred to me as a "lazy fat slug." I'm 38 weeks pregnant and was put on emergency bedrest by my doctor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 841
You deserved it 4 886

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your mom's rude! She definitely shouldn't say that to you!

laurisshnazzy 0

Or her mother could have been at her house because she was placed on bedrest and needs someone to take care of her. Good lord, people.

Comments

Usually - only the obese are put on bed rest. 80% of all woman placed on bed rest for pregnancy are "self inflicted".

oh this is wrong in more than so many ways.

my mum at 18 was put in bed rest from her 6th month, and should I add she weigher about 7st8 at the time

rocker_chick23 27

I was put on bed rest at 6 months because I nearly miscarried my son and I weighed 135. My SIL was on bed rest when she was pregnant with twins and she weighed 125. You want to say anything else retarded?

bleedingglitter 24

Or because of problems with the placenta or because of preeclampsia or because the baby is too large/multiples... Good to see your public school had a strong health class.

YDI just because you got yourself pregnant (your fault) it doesn't mean you can tell your mum what to do. now you know how she felt when she was stuck with you.

why were u on bedrest? are a giant fat woman? normal people don't need bed rest for pregnancy

actually, many people with no previous health issues end up on bedrest. there are many problems that can cause bedrest that can not be prevented no matter what the woman does.

mj2123 0

#44 - Care to cite your source? I'm not taking your statistics at face value unless you can back yourself up. Try looking here: http://fpb.case.edu/Bedrest/handouts/diagnoseshandout.htm. I don't see obesity (or weight in general) listed as a cause or risk factor for any of the reasons a woman might go on bed rest. #46 - You're just making yourself look like an idiot. Try harder next time.

mom sounds bitter, was this pregnancy a "happy surprise"?

Why so many judgmental comments? We don't know if it was an accidental pregnancy or a teenage pregnancy (are mothers no longer allowed to visit once you are pregnant?)... and why would it really matter anyway? Being 38 weeks pregnant sucks no matter what, haha. Her mom would know! 38 weeks is the normal length of pregnancy, by the way. We just say 9 months because it's pretty close.

KEVINPASH 0

If your already pop'n out babies maybe its time to move out? Perhaps you are the fat lazy slug your mother has been trying to rid herself of for your entire life. Get a life loser

donteffwitme 0

pregnant girls are a holes most of the time tho...i guarantee tht is not the first thing u asked ur mom

because she is not allowed to get out of bed.