Thanks mom, you're the best

By prego - 30/04/2009 02:03 - United States

Today, I called my mom into my room to ask her to bring me something. She referred to me as a "lazy fat slug." I'm 38 weeks pregnant and was put on emergency bedrest by my doctor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 841
You deserved it 4 886

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your mom's rude! She definitely shouldn't say that to you!

laurisshnazzy 0

Or her mother could have been at her house because she was placed on bedrest and needs someone to take care of her. Good lord, people.

Comments

lostathome 0

Totally name your baby after her.

Or her mom might just be a bitch? I don't see anywhere in that post that a) the OP is a teenager, b) she still lives at home, and c) she's not married/living with her boyfriend/fiance/significant other who works. Way to jump to conclusions, people. OP - your mum is a bitch. :/ Sounds like she doesn't understand how important it could be for your emergency bed rest. Either that, or she was just temporarily upset. I hope she doesn't cop an attitude with you all the time. @#22 - there might be a reason why her doctor has not induced labour yet. Maybe she's got an appointment for it at some point in the near future.

Seriously, you live at home, you're pregnant, and on "bedrest"? You were overweight before the pregnancy took place and you have no right getting knocked up while you're living at home and then expecting your mom to wait on you hand and foot as well as foot the bills for you and your illegitimate baby. Close your legs and grow up!

Jennifer83 0

Your mom is a bit** also #22 is right...you shouldn't be at home, you should be having that baby.

Well first your mom is rude, second of all this sounds like a teen pregnancy to me because if you had a husband you'd probably be living with him and this wouldn't have happened at all. So maybe she's mad that you're a kid having a kid?

bandaidface 0

Um, where does is say that she isn't living with her husband? The mom could just be over there "taking care" of the OP while hubby is at work. And why would you automatically be considered a teen mum if you weren't married? Wow. The stupidity of the posters on here overwhelm me.

I *do* live with my husband. I am currently 26 years old and 24 weeks pregnant with twins. guess who drove me to my last ultrasound since my husband had to work? That's right... My Mom.

alwaysalady 0

I was on bedrest for 3 and half months, and my husband was shipped out during my pregnancy :(. I lived with my parents for the time being, because I couldn't be alone. My old room and everything. But my mom would never call me a fat lazy slug, ever. Your mom sucks.

um.... i'm pretty sure you would've been induced by now. 2 weeks late is kind of a lot.

um... pretty sure 2 weeks late is actually 42 weeks. full term is 40 weeks.

runwest07 0

I agree with #22...36 weeks is approximately 9 months. 38 weeks is way too long. It should have been induced by now.

MyBloodSings 0

Oh, quit your whining! Even I found you annoying. Pop the kid out and good luck!

Goodness, I would be so mad. I'm not the type of person who's ever at a loss for words, so I know I would not have let her get away with that. Then again... if you're a teen mother, then there's not much you can do, is there? At the least, she needs to know that acting like such a pig is not acceptable.