Thanks, kids

By Anonymous - 28/09/2009 21:21 - United States

Today, I told my son and daughter that their father and I were getting a divorce. They each responded with something like, "Yay! I want to live with Daddy! He buys better presents!" Their father has literally never bought anything for them, one of the many reasons I'm divorcing him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 252
You deserved it 8 734

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Daddy doesn't buy anything for them? That's what you think. What about the countless hookers? The cocaine? The Everclear? All that meant NOTHING to you?! Well, it meant THE WORLD to them.

Maybe "literally never bought anything for them" includes food, shelter, clothing and so forth. You know, literally never bought anything for them. The words the OP used? Sound familiar? Not supporting the children / family at all is a far more valid reason for divorce than just never buying them presents.

Comments

sutherlandrb32 0

Maybe if people weren't so ******* stupid these days and learned either to pick the right person or to just put up with their spouse's shit then we wouldn't have ******* depressing FML's like this one.

wrestling49 0

you are the worst mom ever!!! i hope your kids go and live with their dad , U SUCK!!!

i call fake. no one divorces their husband because he doesn't buy the kids gifts. and besides, the fact that the fake kids think he buys better gifts proves that the fake husband did in fact buy them presents, so the OP therefore contradicted herself. way to try and be ironic.

skyeyez9 24

You guys are retarded to think the gift issue is the only reason for the divorce! it's the tip of the iceberg, and you can only put a limited amount of info on an FML.

sutherlandrb32 0

Your parents obviously didn't go through a divorce you shit ****

That's a really asinine thing to cite as the "exact" reason for getting divorce, even in a limited amount of space.

YDI for marrying someone you didn't love and having kids with them. Dumb ******* American.

Wow what a great reason! You're so smart, such a role model to all couples!

yeah because not buying gifts means he shouldnt be loved this kids are right if you are divoricing him for that

Wow, the "exact" reason you're leaving him is because he never gave your children gifts? So you're essentially blaming your divorce on his behavior toward your children, and not just his behavior over all, but the exact behavior that's prompted your children to show favoritism toward him? You need to accept personal responsibility, come up with a real reason to leave your husband, not one that allows you to conveniently place the blame on your children, now that you're angry at them. They're caught in the middle of this, and you're taking your anger out on them. You sound like a winner. Enjoy your divorce. YDI. I feel sorry for the children.

That's why you're leaving him? Not because he beats you or anything? Seriously...?