Thanks, kids

By Anonymous - 28/09/2009 21:21 - United States

Today, I told my son and daughter that their father and I were getting a divorce. They each responded with something like, "Yay! I want to live with Daddy! He buys better presents!" Their father has literally never bought anything for them, one of the many reasons I'm divorcing him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 252
You deserved it 8 734

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Daddy doesn't buy anything for them? That's what you think. What about the countless hookers? The cocaine? The Everclear? All that meant NOTHING to you?! Well, it meant THE WORLD to them.

Maybe "literally never bought anything for them" includes food, shelter, clothing and so forth. You know, literally never bought anything for them. The words the OP used? Sound familiar? Not supporting the children / family at all is a far more valid reason for divorce than just never buying them presents.

Comments

Well, they'll learn daddy's an asshole. Also, everyone, presents aren't the only things you buy. There's also food and clothes.

You're divorcing him coz he doesn't buy the kids presents? That's really lame. When I was a kid it was my mum who bought the birthday presents etc for us kids, but I knew my dad loved me from other stuff he did for us.

I had a friend go through something very similar. He was just a bum that sat around the house and she was much better off with out him.

that's true love right, there, yep. Getting divorced cause he doesn't buy your kids presents... lasts forever... I'm sure there's more to it than that. And in that case, YDI for posting a crappy FML.

wow, just what the ****? you're seriously divorcing him because "he doesn't buy my kids things". whiney little bitch.

Going by your terms: Okay, husband, Let me do all the work while you sit on the chair and watch the TV... that I probably bought, too. Don't buy them clothes or food. I'll do EVERYTHING. Whiny** little jackass you are, 116.

Everyone, again "literally never bought ANYTHING" as in not just presents, but also clothes, food, paid bills, etc etc. Anything != one thing.

That's probably the most easily solved thing in a marriage. You're really getting divorced over that? Wow...maybe you should reconsider.

feelingblue 0

youre a weak person good for him that he gets to divorce you gosh what a reason:|

LemonFairy 0

YDI for not wording your FML in a way that is a bit more clear, making half the people here yell "YDI!" since they don't understand that by "literally" you probably mean basic living requirements as well.