By authentic - 18/02/2009 23:20 - United States

Today, my tattoo artist boyfriend of five months gave me my first tattoo in celebration of my 18th birthday. It was supposed to be a heart with my name in script. He spelled my name wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 859
You deserved it 17 428

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fucked4Life 0

I agree with #4, thats some sort of ego when you get your own name tattooed on your arm.

mikeyellenlee 0

Why would you get your name tattooed on you? Just in case you forget it? And if you're boyfriend doesn't know how to spell your name after five months, then you should get rid of him. Wow, get some sense.

Comments

why do you get a heart with your own name on it? selfish much?

suppepz 0

hope the rest of your birthday is better!

Fucked4Life 0

I agree with #4, thats some sort of ego when you get your own name tattooed on your arm.

mikeyellenlee 0

Why would you get your name tattooed on you? Just in case you forget it? And if you're boyfriend doesn't know how to spell your name after five months, then you should get rid of him. Wow, get some sense.

You need "to get some sense"... You used the wrong "your". "You're" is short for you are. "Your" expresses ownership. Saying "If you are boyfriend doesn't know how to spell..." Well, it simply makes you look like the moron. Learn your grammar, Know your grammar, biatch. (;

#94 And YOU acting all holier-than-thou just because you can string a sentence together with more success than #8 basically makes you sound like a bitch with too much free time. Unless, of course, you ARE a bitch with too much free time, in which case I applaud your ability to get a point across.

poppunkette 22

Wow aren't you just a lovely person *rolls eyes in sarcasm*

Well if someone ever murdered them and they needed to ID the body, a self-naming tattoo would certainly help! (Sorry, too many crime shows lately)

I have my name as a tattoo. It's my signature actually.

CaptainCrunch_fml 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Honestly, that is messed up. i would get myself laser surgery to remove it and have him pay for it. or you can change your name spelling. lol.

#16 if they use a template, the main thing is that they do not hurt people while doing it. A proper template prevents mistakes. it is like filling in the lines with a crayon when you where a kid, or follow the line. I do not like tattoos nor would get them. But I respect the rights of people who like them and have them.

ptcool07 0

Well what if the design was correct and he just wanted to spell it that way, maybe purposefully.

Radiation_fml 0

You deserved it. Artists are supposed to stencil it out and the client is supposed to check it over before they tattoo it on you.

toogood4you 0

#18-- Totally not impossile. I know a boy who has a tatoo with something misspelled on his arm. Its definitely not impossible.