Thanks, kids

By Anonymous - 28/09/2009 21:21 - United States

Today, I told my son and daughter that their father and I were getting a divorce. They each responded with something like, "Yay! I want to live with Daddy! He buys better presents!" Their father has literally never bought anything for them, one of the many reasons I'm divorcing him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 252
You deserved it 8 734

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Daddy doesn't buy anything for them? That's what you think. What about the countless hookers? The cocaine? The Everclear? All that meant NOTHING to you?! Well, it meant THE WORLD to them.

Maybe "literally never bought anything for them" includes food, shelter, clothing and so forth. You know, literally never bought anything for them. The words the OP used? Sound familiar? Not supporting the children / family at all is a far more valid reason for divorce than just never buying them presents.

Comments

zebra1232 0

http://all-the-exgirlfriends.info/?uid=23961

Wow really? You people really think she's saying the gift thing is the reason for the divorce? I really am baffled at some people's stupidity. Obviously the deeper meaning is that their father really just does nothing for the children. I'd divorce my husband if he did nothing for our children and were a terrible father. If you're a family, you have to be a good husband and father, just as the woman has to be a good wife and mother. Unfortunately some people don't know how to do that. To the person who posted it: I'm sorry about your divorce.

I'm still so baffled. Obviously he just doesn't buy the kids ANYTHING. Doesn't buy Food, help pay bills... etc. READ BETWEEN THE LINES. Especially before you start calling her a stupid bitch.

The kids are saying that interpretation is not true. Not only does he buy presents, he buys better presents. How people are able read "He buys better presents" as "Obviously he just doesn't buy the kids ANYTHING. " escapes me.

Because people can easily lie? I mean, it's not like quickly scribbling "and daddy" at the end of a tag is hard, or just saying you got it.

Your divorcing him for lack of presents? YDI, bitch.

Sugar_lipsXo 0

Stay together for the children. Work it out and get counseling. C'mon!

Off topic but omfg, can there PLEASE be an FML forum or chat room these people can take their discussions into?? I get it, you're a club, you all love each other, great, but I'm sick of scrolling through piles of flirtatious comments between plexico and others when I'm reading FML comments. Nothing personal but half the time I'm reading this on my blackberry and it's tough to scroll so much. Can you guys take it to private messages or something??? /rant

::thumbs up:: On topic, I really don't know what to think, OP. I feel like we need more information.

I changed my mind. Now i want to be in the "heatherewf have my babies" cult. Do I have to know what does "he at the rewf" means to be in your cult? I just hope it has something to do with rewfies.