Thanks, kids

By Anonymous - 28/09/2009 21:21 - United States

Today, I told my son and daughter that their father and I were getting a divorce. They each responded with something like, "Yay! I want to live with Daddy! He buys better presents!" Their father has literally never bought anything for them, one of the many reasons I'm divorcing him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 252
You deserved it 8 734

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Daddy doesn't buy anything for them? That's what you think. What about the countless hookers? The cocaine? The Everclear? All that meant NOTHING to you?! Well, it meant THE WORLD to them.

Maybe "literally never bought anything for them" includes food, shelter, clothing and so forth. You know, literally never bought anything for them. The words the OP used? Sound familiar? Not supporting the children / family at all is a far more valid reason for divorce than just never buying them presents.

Comments

Bathory_fml 0

You have stupid kids. And I really, really hope that isn't your sole reason.

I agree with #18... by "never bought anything", she probably means that he isn't spending his money responsibly, either is lazy (not just unemployed, but actually lazy) or spends it on himself. We don't know the full story, but disregarding emotions, getting divorce is a laborious process in general, so she probably has a good reason.

What it probably actually means is that OP is such a harpie that the father prefers not to be in the company of the wife, and has lots of fun with the kids during that time. If the kids said, yeah, we like Dad because he is a lazy bum, but that's not what they both said. They said he was a great dad and they want to live with him.

riku3220 2

Usually the fun parent is the irresponsible one.

Good old women, never happy because they're all lying, cheating, indecisive, critical ******. I hope the father gets custody and everything and you don't get shit and are forced to pay him alimony. Worthless ****.

XxAibuXx 0
justmyluck1212 0

thats a shitty reason to divorce someone

There was a time YOU thought He walked on water. So you conjure up an excuse lamer than a club-footed, short-legged, three-toed dwarf to camouflage YOUR poor judgment in men?

YDI because if the kids were led to believe that the dad bought better presents, you probably wrote his name on the gifts you bought just to "cover for him", all the while digging your own grave. I'm sorry, but I can't see any other explanation.

soxwin04and05 0

YDI for ruining the holy sanctity of marriage for such a petty reason

riku3220 2

Not caring about your kids is a petty reason?

Contrary to popular thought, God is not involved in, and does not sanction every marriage.

Marriage is so divine, you know. I mean, forced/arranged marriages, rape by husbands being illegal only in recent times, other spousal abuse, and such is really sacred!

why would you divorce him just because he isnt buying presents..the kids should be the ones pissed

riku3220 2

She isn't leaving him because he doesn't buy them presents, she's leaving him becasue he doesn't care about the kids.

YDI you suck and your child should leave you