Thanks, kids

By Anonymous - 28/09/2009 21:21 - United States

Today, I told my son and daughter that their father and I were getting a divorce. They each responded with something like, "Yay! I want to live with Daddy! He buys better presents!" Their father has literally never bought anything for them, one of the many reasons I'm divorcing him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 252
You deserved it 8 734

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Daddy doesn't buy anything for them? That's what you think. What about the countless hookers? The cocaine? The Everclear? All that meant NOTHING to you?! Well, it meant THE WORLD to them.

Maybe "literally never bought anything for them" includes food, shelter, clothing and so forth. You know, literally never bought anything for them. The words the OP used? Sound familiar? Not supporting the children / family at all is a far more valid reason for divorce than just never buying them presents.

Comments

I hope the father gets custody. I mean, you're the one ending the marriage and tearing the family apart (for a terrible reason, mind you), assuming you were being literal again when you said "the exact reason I'm divorcing him". My father almost never buys any of the presents in our house, either. But he pays for them. And giving presents doesn't make you a good mother. Clearly.

Agreed... I'm not voting though, because I'm not aware of the whole situation and all the reasons why you're getting a divorce.

Actually it says he 'literally never bought them anything' Which probably means he's a loser who won't work to support his family, and she's the one doing everything while he takes credit for mommy's presents. So, he probably doesn't pay for them at all, like the FML says, in things including food, clothes, healthcare, etc - kids are expensive. Anyways, if that's not the reason, then I have to agree. OP would be tearing the family apart.

You're divorcing him because he doesn't buy presents? WTF? They ARE better off with him, regardless.

When she says the father never bought anything for them, I think she means diapers, medicine, food, et cetera, not just gifts. Did anyone think maybe he's just a deadbeat?

Edenbeam 19

This isn't a FYL, this is an F your childrens' lives.

ElNegroHombre 0

Aren't married people supposed to share money? Do you not have a joint account? If you do errytime you buy dem lil nikkas sumthin he be payin fo it too

LiberianGirl_fml 0

Shouldn't have let your husband take credit for your gifts

That's a shitty reason to get divorced. You're leaving him because he doesn't shower your children with attention like you feel he should? Hmm, well nice job of getting your children involved in a custody battle. Nice way to show you love them. YDI.

hmmm disagree with yo divorce, but on the bright sidee now your kids will see what a deadbeat there dad really is! :)

crazyghost7 0

divorce over presents....spoiled as ****

explodingpupppet 0

i dont think she means only presents, just that he dosent buy their kids anything, its different than not ALWAYS buying them gifts...