Thanks, kids

By Anonymous - 28/09/2009 21:21 - United States

Today, I told my son and daughter that their father and I were getting a divorce. They each responded with something like, "Yay! I want to live with Daddy! He buys better presents!" Their father has literally never bought anything for them, one of the many reasons I'm divorcing him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 252
You deserved it 8 734

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Daddy doesn't buy anything for them? That's what you think. What about the countless hookers? The cocaine? The Everclear? All that meant NOTHING to you?! Well, it meant THE WORLD to them.

Maybe "literally never bought anything for them" includes food, shelter, clothing and so forth. You know, literally never bought anything for them. The words the OP used? Sound familiar? Not supporting the children / family at all is a far more valid reason for divorce than just never buying them presents.

Comments

well, either your children are retarded, or you are ignorant. its kinda lose / lose, no?

AntiChrist7 0

You shouldn't have married him in the first place. YDI

So... your children are lying, or you are a self absorbed bint who deserves exactly what she's getting. I think the latter.

leave the ungrateful kids with the husband. they'll find out the truth and come running back to you.

I am sure there is more to it, then not buying presents for his children.

You're divorcing a guy for no other reason than that he doesn't buy presents for the kids? Not everyone are gift-givers. Besides, it seems like he DOES buy them gifts, after all.

You're devorcing him just because of him not buying your kids gifts? You deserve it. So much for marrying for love.

I'm going to chose to think that one of said children just needed something important for their health or wellbeing and the father didn't do anything to help. That's my guess

Um, you mean that your husband has never paid for a thing in the children's lives or that he's never purchased anything for them directly? If it's the former, then you should dump him like a bad habit. If it's the latter, then both of you are being asses - him for not being nicer to his kids and you for lying on your FML.

Bring home a barrel full of stuffed animals, Hot Wheels, Barbies, candy, and a puppy/kitten. That'll get'em.