RIP

By widow - 19/10/2010 22:58 - United States

Today, I received two cards in the mail for my late husband for his birthday. He has been dead for four years now, and the cards were from our two children, who live several states away. This is the fourth time it's happened, and neither of them answer my calls. Ever. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 424
You deserved it 3 787

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Set up a Facebook page for your dead husband and set his status to "deceased". Then send them both a friend request. Maybe they'll accept and see his status and finally get the message.

Comments

Mark the envelopes 'Addressee deceased, return to sender.'

good idea. great way to find out your dad is dead.

Temperance - If they're going to ignore every phone call their mum is making for four years, then they don't necessarily deserve to find out in a nice way.

Schizomaniac 24
FFML_314 11

Put down the phone and go see them. I really feel like something is missing from this story.

RedPillSucks 31

We don't know the whole situation. OP could live far away from the kids. They don't return phone calls, so that means she would show up unannounced and uninvited. If I were OP, I'd just return the letters and remove them from my will.

OP said that her kids live several states away, so it might not be easy for her to go visit them.

peachezthelette 22

Howd he die? My dad died frm cancer two yrs ago.

rubina 0

that's a ****** up thing to ask. why do you even want to know that? what is wrong with you?

White_Fury 0

Agreed. why are you telling people about your dad anyways?

-what kind of kids are they to not call her in 4 years... ur comments a bit rude... could u imagine having to write a letter explaining to ur own kids their father is dead; how about a status update: I'm a widow kids - stop sending birthday cards! and not everyone puts return addresses on mail- for all we know she doesn't even know where exactly they live or money to see them. screw those kids- ungrateful progeny. return a god damn call!

I can't help but think there's a reason they don't answer your calls. However, phone isn't your only means of communication, there's text, email, fax, letters etc. If they still don't answer because they don't want to talk to you, then send it in a way that they won't recognise it's from you until they actually start reading/listening. Maybe you should reconcile with your kids? Whether it's their fault or yours that you don't talk, maybe you should try harder. Or, if you did nothing and they're just ungrateful idiots to not stay in contact with their mum, then accept they shouldn't know about their dad.

#20 well said!!! It must be torture 4 her everytime those cards arrive!

You did something to make them not want to talk to you, but feel as though they should have contact with their father. Do they send you birthday cards?