Thanks for reminding me

By Anonymous - 02/04/2022 18:00

Today, my son's school called and made a comment about only calling me because my wife didn’t answer her phone. My wife is dead. It’s in his record that his mom is dead, and yet they still tried to call her before me, because I suppose dads aren’t real parents like moms are. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 687
You deserved it 81

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Thus once again we are plagued with the idiocy of bureaucracy. I'm sorry you had to deal with this, but keep a level head and take a deep breath. You got this.

My wife is a non-native english speaker, and I am, and I have the same problem, so she always has to figure out how to tell them to talk to me.

Comments

Thus once again we are plagued with the idiocy of bureaucracy. I'm sorry you had to deal with this, but keep a level head and take a deep breath. You got this.

Even in death, she's still a more reliable contact than you. You need to up your dependability game, bud.

Baka Loli 10

Losing someone who was very close to you is a very deep type of pain. When others are ignorant and say bad things about them is another I can't stand. I am so sorry to hear that they can't be more sensitive, or competent enough to look at those files, especially if it concerns calling a child's parent.

My wife is a non-native english speaker, and I am, and I have the same problem, so she always has to figure out how to tell them to talk to me.

wysegirl 24

School still will call me first, even though we have informed them I work and his father is home. This got a few people in trouble when they were trying to "reach me" and I wouldn't answer. NO cell phones are allowed at my job so nope I won't be answering my phone while there.. Now they know to contact him though. Trial and error. sorry this happened to you.