RIP

By widow - 19/10/2010 22:58 - United States

Today, I received two cards in the mail for my late husband for his birthday. He has been dead for four years now, and the cards were from our two children, who live several states away. This is the fourth time it's happened, and neither of them answer my calls. Ever. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 424
You deserved it 3 787

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Set up a Facebook page for your dead husband and set his status to "deceased". Then send them both a friend request. Maybe they'll accept and see his status and finally get the message.

Comments

I would photocopy his death certificate and send that to them with a note to please answer their phones.

green_eyes124 0

Haha could you imagine getting a friend request from a dead person?! I'd freak out! I totally know what you mean but the thought popped into my head as soon as I read it lol

Zombie65 0

#36 is right ......return to sender ........

ydi for calling them, reaching voice mail, and giving up. bad parent

A bad parent would pretend their children never existed, don't make such assumptions, at least OP tries. If doesn't matter whether or not you think she's trying "hard enough," she's trying. No one "deserves" to be alone.

zkchild 0

Agreed with #49. She could just be a crazy person.

No. I'm calling bullshit, this does not add up. Maybe they ignore your calls, but no way can they have gone four years still thinking their father was alive. Unless you don't realize there's other forms of communication than phoning people, this is either fake, or you have the shittest kids in the world.

my2centsworth 15

I agree. If they care enough to send the birthday cards, they would have been in contact with the father at least. They would know he's gone. So, either the whole scenario is untrue, or the children are deliberately torturing the mother.

I thought this too. However, it's possible that they stopped talking to their dad to avoid their mum. However, if they really cared then they'd have probably communicated some other way, unless the OP is one of those people who checks everything, but we don't know that... I can see it being possible, but it'd take a unusual set of circumstances.