Outta my way

By Anonymous - 09/02/2011 07:32 - United States

Today, it was my first day at work as a cashier. I was so nervous that my whole body got numb and my eye sight completely blurred. I ran to the bathroom blind while bumping into everything in the store, making sure that everyone knew I had a problem. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 201
You deserved it 7 548

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kkmonster93 0

on my first day as a cashier I was so excited I forgot to count so don't worry lol

Comments

xmarkstheheart 0

You shouldn't be working in public! Sounds like you have some kind of anxiety disorder. Although I think you're SERIOUSLY exaggerating about your body going "numb" and your vision going "blurry." That's just ridiculous. And what do you even mean by "numb"? Like, the kind of numb that if someone poked you with a needle you wouldn't have felt it? I don't think you mean numb and blurry, I think you mean "I panicked," end of story.

#59 The key to overcoming social anxiety isn't to not ever work in public. If OP avoids working with people/being around them on a regular basis, it will only get worse. Trust me, I know from experience...

To those being harsh to the OP, she probably has social anxiety. It's not "overreacting." My social anxiety was so bad in the past that I couldn't look any strangers in the eye and got shaky and twitchy whenever I had to talk to people that I didn't know. All these reactions are involuntary unless you know techniques to lessen anxiety...And even then, it can take a long time of practicing these techniques to be able to calm yourself immediately.

Being a cashier seemed like the scariest thing on the planet before I started doing it. I'd worked in a lot of stores in the past but had managed, somehow, to escape being till trained. At my most recent job everybody gets till trained, so I was no exception. I shat bricks the first day I did it simply because I didn't know how to use the computer and the added dione machine attached to it. Plus it can be embarrassing if you miscount something. Moreso, it can be a bit scary if you get a really nasty customer who starts berating you for no good reason. Never had that happen to me yet but when I started being a cashier it was one of my main fears - so in short I don't blame the OP for being nervous, especially if they have social anxiety.

agentxyv 0
bertoelmexicano 6

NNNNNNAAAAAAAFFFFFFF!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!

#10 It is for some people. I got fired from my cashier/server job for being too shy.

elisababyxo 0

lmfao on my 1st day i did awesome! but thats funny lol