Outta my way

By Anonymous - 09/02/2011 07:32 - United States

Today, it was my first day at work as a cashier. I was so nervous that my whole body got numb and my eye sight completely blurred. I ran to the bathroom blind while bumping into everything in the store, making sure that everyone knew I had a problem. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 202
You deserved it 7 548

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kkmonster93 0

on my first day as a cashier I was so excited I forgot to count so don't worry lol

Comments

sourgirl101 28

F the lives of the people waiting in line, wondering why it's taking so long to check out their 10 items or less.

ROFLBERRYPIE 0

So did the manager just dump you at a register? When I hired cashiers I trained them first, then when they were ready for customers I stayed with them until they were confident they knew what they were doing. It's called Management. No wonder you paniced. You were unprepared.

laduf 5

The op is seriously over-reacting.

correction: first AND LAST day at work as a cashier. you can kiss your promotion to the "express check-out" goodbye OP.

Aregonde 15

Sounds like this story might be embellished just a wee bit. When your blood pressure drops low enough to blind you and make your body go numb, you're probably not going to make it all the way to the bathroom before passing out. If you do feel faint from nerves, squat down on the floor and take a few breaths until your head clears. Then tell people you skipped your last meal and just had a little dizzy spell. Being nervous on your first day of any new experience is normal, and it doesn't mean you fail at life. Just find appropriate, professional ways to cope with it.

No, don't help it. If it's THAT much of an moron, it deserves what it gets. If all idiots had that reaction to high-pressure situations, maybe stupidity wouldn't be so rewarded. OP, quit complaining here and get help.

this sounds a lot like the chick at my local mcdonalds who freaked out and couldnt get me my change because "it was too much work"

Burbman 1

If you cant handle being a cashier, i hate to see how your gonna react when you have to get a real job