If the shoe fits…

By marina1686 - 20/09/2019 20:00

Today, I worked a 9-hour retail like this. I didn't notice until 3 hours into my shift and had to deal with this embarrassment for the next 6 hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 707
You deserved it 1 011

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rotflqtms_ 21

Close enough... I almost didn't see the difference. was like... you had a small stain on your shoe and you're complaining about embarrassment? then I saw the 2 logos. Not everyone will be staring at your shoes, and if you're talking to them, they're mostly starting at your mouth or whatever you're trying to sell them and mostly not your shoes.

bobbyzila 9

what's so embarasing about that?

Comments

rotflqtms_ 21

Close enough... I almost didn't see the difference. was like... you had a small stain on your shoe and you're complaining about embarrassment? then I saw the 2 logos. Not everyone will be staring at your shoes, and if you're talking to them, they're mostly starting at your mouth or whatever you're trying to sell them and mostly not your shoes.

Unless OP sells shoes, in which case the customers spend a lot of time looking down and are likely to notice. Still, I've known people (one guy worked for DoD!) who deliberately wear mismatched socks and shoelaces, so this is just taking it up a notch. I wouldn't sweat it. Just say, "I meant to do that!"

9 hour shift? Yeah unless you're behind a counter, maybe 2 people noticed. If you are behind one then no one did.

Hey so i don't usually give away information on the internet, but i work at one of the warehouses that packages/ships these along with like 20 other brands of shoes. Go back to the store you got them at and explain what happened, this really isn't that uncommon, wither they got jumbled around in shipping or someone swapped them at the store carelessly. They will swap them out for a proper pair.

ThatOneLonelyAsian 31

i think op owns both pairs but mixed them.up

bobbyzila 9

what's so embarasing about that?

I've done this before. On a date. Didn't even notice until the second location. They were flip-flops, but the best part is they were two different heights and I STILL didn't notice.

So? Tomorrow, wear the "other" pair. A high school classmate of mine used to deliberately do something like that with his gym socks. They had 5 stripes around them, 3 thin, 2 thick (thin, thick, thin, thick, thin). The thin stripes would be one color (say, black) and the thick another (red) on one sock, and the opposite on the other. He did this so much, that one time when he wore actually matching socks, I chided him for doing so.

Clovis 2

Buy shoes that aren't so similar to each other. That cant happen if you do.

My daughter has never in her life worn a matching pair of socks. Even when she was a baby she’d keep pulling on off if they matched until you put a different one on.

I Doubt if any people noticed, nowadays they're too busy with their noses in their phones. The real embarrassment is that no matter the brand you buy the exact same kind of shoe. Branch out for ***** sake. I work for Nike, I know we make shoes in a few other colors besides B&W.

OrokuSaki 7

I've don't that twice at my WP. lmao. good thing my shoes were all black. unless you look at it carefully, you wouldn't even notice it.