Mommy milk time

By TheLastSerenade - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Australia - Sydney

Today, I saw a woman breastfeeding her child at the local park. That would have been just fine if the child wasn't at least 8 years-old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 293
You deserved it 4 109

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zingline89 18

You got it all wrong. It was her husband, Benjamin Button.

This is gross and that's going to be one messed up and a clingy kid later in life!

Comments

I seen this on the show Taboo. I think some women have a hard time letting their child grow up and see breastfeeding as bonding with them. Its unfortunate because for an 8yr old there's so many healthier ways to "bond" without creating a possibly socially and psychologically arkward adult. Also children talk a lot I wonder if he ever mentions this to ppl at his school, unless he's homeschooled too? -_-

longchow 8

If a child is too heavy for a mother to hold in her arms during the feed, then the child does not need to be breast fed. Seriously? Having a child climb on the mother or standing on a chair to reach the mother's teets is too much

I will still NEVER understand why women can't just go to bathroom or somewhere more private to do that. I don't care how old the kid is, just don't ******* do that shit where the world can see it.

Maybe you should eat in a bathroom:) Personally, I find people that chew with their mouth open repulsive! I generally move or don't look since I dislike seeing it. Simple solution.

That is nasty... In the bathroom? Do we eat our meals in a bathroom? I think not unless you are some kind of sick person... Bathrooms are full of germs and not clean like at all! No matter how much one person cleans the place it's still not good enough. There are laws set for breast feeding mothers who can breast feed in public cover or uncover. Secondly, before someone jumps on give them a bottle not all babies can take a bottle and some moms can't pump enough. Some does not like covers either and it's more time to run out to a car to nurse. So personally if you can't handle a little boob then you shouldn't be in public at all. I see more teenage girls with their ass cheeks hanging out and cleavage showing with their boobs push so up to their ears.

Its only awkward cause you keep staring.....if you don't look it shouldn't be a problem, plus most I find have a towel/ blanket to cover up as they are feeding. So in other words get your mind out of gutter, its a mother feeding her child!

MEM0817 18

84. You're seriously an idiot. Not to be rude and name call but you have your opinion and I have mine. There's no ******* way I'm going to FEED MY DAUGHTER in a disgusting, germ-filled smelly bathroom. I'm going to feed her covered up when she is hungry and damn well pleases. If anyone has a problem with it they can leave. It's not disgusting and it's not showing anything so what does it matter?! Ugh people really get to me when it comes to the subject of nursing. I've never supplemented my daughter with formula and that's something I'm extremely proud of. She never gets sick and is advanced for her age. Nursing is the most natural, healthy, amazing thing you can do for your child. With all that said, I'll feed my daughter what's best for her in public or wherever. I know a lot of women who nurse without covering themselves up. More power to them for not being ashamed. Personally I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable so I cover up when in public. Nursing in public shouldn't make anyone uncomfortable. If it does... Then stop looking for **** sakes!

My stance on breastfeeding in public is.. well, I don't understand how anyone could possibly be offended by it. But to still be feeding your kid at that age? You're supposed to gradually allow a person to become independent as they grow older. Breastfeeding a kid that age is definitely not promoting independence or the ability to live as a 'normal' child by today's standards. I doubt this woman has even given a thought to how that child will be treated by his peers if they find out. Hell, even the adults in his life might view him differently without meaning to. I'm not going to say it's objectively wrong, because it's not... but I really don't agree with breastfeeding past a certain age (personally I'd say 1, 2 tops).

I completely agree with you. I heard this story on the radio once (this was a few years back) about this woman who continued to breastfeed her son who was, at that point, 13 years old. she didn't plan on stopping any time soon and claimed it helped them bond. It's understandable to a degree but psychologically these children are going to face a lot of problems if they continue doing it the older they get.

Breastfeeding is technically a process involving body products, which is why some people might find it disgusting. It also involves baring breasts to some extent, which is why some other people might find it offensive. It is also somewhat private endeavor which is annoy other people - some people are offended by kissing in public. Also, there are places in which people simply DON'T anything (never seen somebody eating pizza on a bus, for example), so technically feeding in such places won't be acceptable either. Also, public breastfeeding implies that your child is more important than few hundreds of people around you, which will be annoying. It isn't that hard to breastfeed in private or use milk bottles, you know. Your kid won't die in 5 seconds without food, and that's plenty of time to find some secluded place or use a milk bottle.

totallydonteven 5

EvilUndead: Honestly? My child is and always will be more important to me than a few hundred people who might find it awkward that I'm breast feeding in public. Because they are MY CHILD. And on top of that? Just because YOU'VE never seen someone eat pizza on a bus, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. When I bussed to uni, I saw people eat and do all kinds of "strange" things on the bus. Everything from eating Thai food to clipping their toenails to to people drinking alcohol in public and shouting obscenities to people engaging in very lewd acts of public affection. People like that? The very latter cases? Yeah THEY should be doing their behavior in private but a woman breast feeding? Damn, girl, she can feed wherever she wants to because its a NATURAL act and it is, in no way, sexual or obscene or any other ridiculous excuse that might exist. It is natural and people like you need to get off their high and mighty horses and stop making breast feeding mothers feel like they're committing some sort of crime for simply needing and wanting to CARE FOR THEIR YOUNG CHILD. Honestly...people like you make me sick.

159, You never met me and are already jumping to conclusions. "People like you?" People that explain you why somebody might not like your behavior? pfft. I think people like you will doom the planet - you let emotions cloud your judgement.

So because you have a child that automatically gives you the right to make everyone around you feel uncomfortable? Please, have some decency next time and find a secluded spot, go home or pump it. Using the 'it's natural' argument is silly, having sex, defecating and being nude are totally natural things too but we don't do those in public do we? And I think using the 'it's natural' excuse wouldn't stand for anything while we were being arrested for doing such things.

Are you kidding? If a baby is hungry it cries. You think that won't bother people? Why should a baby have to suffer because people are scared to see the same things THEY used to eat from? I'm not supporting an 8 year old being breastfed, but it's not our business.

squideth 18

207 + 163, if you are seriously offended by a woman using her breasts for their natural purpose (to feed their infant), then that is YOUR sad pathetic problem. Not anyone else's, ever. You are in control of your emotions and your feelings; you're not some brainless idiot (at least I think you're not) and it's your responsibility to calm your irrational anger down. Not the woman who is feeding a ******* hungry BABY. Self-centered children is what you are

265, people are not in control of their emotions and feelings. IF something disgusts or offends you, you can't magically make it non-offensive in 5 seconds. When seeing breast-feeding mom first thing that comes to mind is milk seeping through the skin. Which is a pretty disgusting/nauseating physiological process. By the way, did you know that with some training men can also breastfeed? For some reason, though, people don't think it is "beautiful thing" and "nobody would ever get offended". However, if women are allowed to breastfeed in public, men should allowed to do it too.

perdix 29

Try not to look again. That was no woman -- it was a car salesman! Yuck!!!

I absolutely love nursing my 7 MONTH old, it's just something you can't explain. Neither me nor my husband find my breasts sexual anymore, and he is my biggest support system and encourages nursing in public. I even admit, when my 3 year old is sick, I mix breast milk in her milk and she is better within 12 hours. That being said, I can't imagine my toddler getting it from the tap, or nursing baby past two.

MEM0817 18

Good for you! My fiancé doesn't find my breasts sexually appealing anymore either. He knows that it's my daughters way of eating and he fully supports me in it too. When my daughter gets any kind of weird thing going on like for instance her belly button gets red and irritated, I put some breast milk in it and clean it out with a q-tip and the next day she is fine! Breast milk fixes sooo many different things. You're smart for putting it in your older toddlers milk to help boost her immune system.

My toddler doesn't respond well to Tylenol or Ibuprofen to break a fever, but I give her under two ounces of breast milk and her fever is gone in 12 hours. Within one hour of being exposed to a virus, breast milk already has antibodies. Why with hold that from one kid just BC society feels there is a problem with that.

I feel very sad for you and your husband.

lilbit91011 6

In most undeveloped countries that is the norm not the exception.

Actually, in the really undeveloped countries the babies don't get breastfed at all because the mum doesn't get enough food to allow her to produce milk.

Actually they do... You will still make breast milk even with limited amount of food. That's what is keeping them alive in the first place.

The world breast feeding weaning age is between 4 and 7 years old. It's a bonding experience between mother and child. Just because you think boobs are only for sex doesn't mean the rest of the world has to. That being said, that kid is in for a lot Rolf teasing later from close minded children copying their parents.

As soon as your kid has teeth to bite you breastfeeding shouldn't happen.....but mind you this is better than the bird feeding celebrity (i can't remember her name but she'd chew the food and spit it in her sons mouth, like a bird......ew)

Babies generally get teeth at 7 months, some as early as 2 months, they are not old enough to eat regular food. Food before one is just for fun, until then their nutrition comes from mothers milk. As far a teeth and the breast, the tongue covers the bottom teeth, and the top which come after the bottom, are further up on the aureola. Teeth and weaning have no correlation. Before you jump on the bottle train, some babies don't take a bottle, like mine, and pumping is tedious and does not produce a much as the baby suckling and can lead to an unnecessary supply issue.

So 4 month olds shouldn't be breastfeed anymore?

That logic fails.. Teeth has nothing to do with breast feeding. There been babies born with teeth and some get teeth at an early age. That a misguided information... My baby is 11 month old and she still breast feed, I am not going stop just because she has two tooth on the bottom. She is a healthy baby and very advance in her age. The WHO ( world health organization) recommends to breast feed at least 6months plus and until the age of 2 if the baby and the mother is comfortable too. That being said, it's been prove that weaning age is between 2.5 - 7.