Mommy milk time

By TheLastSerenade - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Australia - Sydney

Today, I saw a woman breastfeeding her child at the local park. That would have been just fine if the child wasn't at least 8 years-old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 293
You deserved it 4 109

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zingline89 18

You got it all wrong. It was her husband, Benjamin Button.

This is gross and that's going to be one messed up and a clingy kid later in life!

Comments

You're just kidding, aren't You.. I have a 7 year old brother so I guess I could imagine how it looked... omfg

perdix 29

I think everyone's missing the point here -- it would have been fine if she had nice *******!

"Me, Myself, and Irene"....Jim Carey with a milk mustache. What a great visual, and a nice breast! Now I'm all thirsty...

My 3 year old walked over to a lady feeding her 5 year old and told her "put the boobie-milk away"

You must be so proud to have raised such a disrespectful child:)

And you condone that behavior of your child? I have a bigger problem with the way you parent then with a breastfeeding mom

That's not that bad. I know a family that was breast feeding till they were in their teens. But no matter. How does it effect you?

gregkingsley 4

Have you seen the price of milk these days? Blame the economy Jk

Poor kid's gonna get bullied so much in school if that gets out.

I've never heard the natural weaning for humans is 4-7 years. If that is true, then why do most women stop producing milk long before 4-7 years?

They stop producing Because they stop breastfeeding.

For most woman, as long as you keep feeding and pumping every 2-4 hours, your milk will keep producing. It stops producing when it's not 'used' as often. Most woman I know stop breast feeding by the time her child is 1 at the latest. I do agree that breast feeding at 8 is a little out there. If you choose to do that, do it at home. I can understand breast feeding babies in public since it's their only means of eating, but once they start eating other foods, breast feeding in public just seems wrong.

#55 I disagree> as long as your child is breastfed, there is nothing wrong with doing it in public, even if they are already having solid food. Stop seeing breastfeeding as something that you should do in private. Boobs are there to feed children. It’s nothing shameful.

#47 > as long as a woman pumps her milk, she can breastfeed. Women can breastfeed even if they were not pregnant in the first place, it will take more time and more stimulation but it is possible. Upper class women a few centuries ago had wet nurses. These women were in charge of feeding the babies, and they were not necessarily recently mothers.

TheDrifter 23

No, they just continued breastfeeding other children once theirs were done. Just because a woman can doesn't mean a cold should. Even in the dark ages people understood that overly extended breastfeeding was harmful to a child's GI development. Infantilizing developing children to fulfill the mother's desire for them to remain babies is not mentally healthy behavior.

breastmilk doesn't stop till the woman stops breastfeeding, it'll just keep going till she stops feeding......yet there's some women that just don't produce any milk at all in which there's some group thing where people can 'trade/donate' breastmilk to those who can't produce (I saw it on that Rosie Pope show)

How about you stop telling people how to see things?

Some people have "interesting" ways of raising children.

It's not really an FML for you, sure your a little scarred but imagine how that parent feels!!

What, you mean the parent who's clearly allowed her child to grow up thinking it's normal to still breastfeed at 8 years old? Nope, can't see what you're getting at.

icepick23 12

That was not his mother. It was his hot neighbor. The kid just has some major game...