Mommy milk time

By TheLastSerenade - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Australia - Sydney

Today, I saw a woman breastfeeding her child at the local park. That would have been just fine if the child wasn't at least 8 years-old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 293
You deserved it 4 109

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zingline89 18

You got it all wrong. It was her husband, Benjamin Button.

This is gross and that's going to be one messed up and a clingy kid later in life!

Comments

Psycho_Babydoll 26

Just imagine the kids school friends walked past. Kids these days are merciless, that poor child is heading for the worst high school years known to man.

No the child is most likely home schooled if she is still nursing.

Breastfeeding in public is fine, for a toddler. not an 8 year old. wtf? Go home and breastfeed you kid.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Separation anxiety is going to kick that kid's ass when he gets older.

Nah, he's just 5, but breast feeding makes kids look a lot older. Take a chill pill!

100%legal an healthy. Normal weaning age for human children is between 4-7 years old. Chances are the kid wasn't closer to 5 or 6. My 10 month old looks like a 2 year old. Either way it's 10000000000x healthier than cows milk or artificial milk(formula).

No, it's not. Normal weaning age is 2, just as normal potty training age is 4-5. Anything above and you need to start thinking a bit harder about the health of your situation.

Nope wrong it's between 2.5 - 7 or 4 - 7...

Yeah it's 2 to 7 and 4-5 four potty training is way too late. Maybe a pull up at bedtime but that is way to old to not be potty trained.

MEM0817 18

208- potty training a child at 4-5? What child do you know that wears diapers at age 5? My nieces are potty trained before age 2. Clearly your "facts" are wayyyy off.

I say FML for the kid. I don't see how that's an FML for OP because it's a great funny/sick story to tell to others, well unless the mother was tragically hideous then perhaps it is a real FML.

onorexveritas 23

in many cultures, breast feeding up to that age is considered normal. it has nothing to do with sexuality or the mother being an enabler or the child too clingy. of course in western culture it is looked down upon simply because it is not the norm in OUR culture.

The difference, and this is important, is that in those cultures breasts are not a sexual object. Hence why women walk around topless - because nobody cares! Because breasts ARE considered a sexual object in western society, this is why your kid will be just a little ****** up by you sticking your boob in his mouth at the age of 8. Unless you plan to somehow stop the entirety of western (and actually many asian) society (ies) thinking of chebs as a sexual object, you cannot seriously condone breast-feeding 8yr olds.

skyeyez9 24

I met a woman who proudly admitted she breast feeds her 4 1/2 year old son. She got offended when I laughed said "why" and left. But 8yrs old?! Ewww Maybe its normal in 3rd world countries to breastfeed because its the only food source for them. But not in a wealthy colorado town!

raraisbang 12

Whether its strange or not, it's extremely rude for you to be scornful of someone else's choices. True, she shouldn't be feeding her 8 year old in public (simply because of his age) but that doesn't mean you should be blatantly rude.