Mommy milk time

By TheLastSerenade - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Australia - Sydney

Today, I saw a woman breastfeeding her child at the local park. That would have been just fine if the child wasn't at least 8 years-old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 293
You deserved it 4 109

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zingline89 18

You got it all wrong. It was her husband, Benjamin Button.

This is gross and that's going to be one messed up and a clingy kid later in life!

Comments

As weird as that is... how exactly does that make YOUR life suck? Think about the kids life in a few more years.

Steve95401 49

If the kid is old enough to shave then it's time to be concerned.

_Burnett89 9

Wow, that child is way too old. That Crosses the lines into pedophilia

Maybe you need to get your head out of the gutter.

That is a mom and her CHILD. You saying that says more about you then the mom.

magpie2369 9

I think once the child can walk up to the mother and pull her shirt down its time to start weaning.

I saw something similar before...except it was at McDonald's.

OP, you are a moron. Breastfeeding is perfectly normal and natural. Even Jesus was breastfed. I think you are jealous that the child got the boob while you got the bottle because your mother refused to make the time for you. For those of you who say "If the child has teeth or can ask for it they are too old. You are also dumb. That's like saying they are too old for an apple because breastmilk provides complete nutrition.

They are not dumb. They just have normal standards of decency. It is not natural to breastfeed a 8 year old child. Heck, breastfeeding a 5 year old is questionable.

They are not moron. They just have normal standards of decency. It is not natural to breastfeed a 8 year old. The fact that the breasts stop producing milk long before then proves that it is not natural. Also saying they are too old when they have teeth is not dumb, it's common sense. Milk was never a food that was made to drink past infancy. Animals have enough sense to stop drinking it. Even Jesus quit drinking it. Also you infer that the OP is jealous with no grounds whatsoever to base that on. You are the stupid one. You want respect? Learn to give it first. I would have been more respectful if you had been.

Oh and another thing. That child may end up with severe bullying because of this. Ever consider that?

raraisbang 12

246, the breasts do not stop producing milk until a mother stops feeding. Just an FYI, seeing as you stated that they did. Breasts work on a supply and demand scale - when there is a demand, there will be a supply :)

MEM0817 18

246- Some babies are BORN with a tooth already. So because of that they should not be fed milk? It's standard procedure to feed a child breastmilk or formula until at least age 1. So obviously a child will get teeth before age one, but they should DEFINITELY still be fed milk until age 1 at the minimum! The WHO recommends breastfeeding until age 2 though. Please look this info up before posting inaccurate facts.

magpie2369 9

It's just weird because some kids have a good memory, my little sister can remember when she was 3, and I think If you breast feed a child past a certain point they might remember it, I don't know about you but I don't want memories of sucking on my mothers breast, I'm all for breast feeding, even in public but I think after a certain point it's inappropriate.