Hang in there

By Anonymous - 13/01/2012 01:07 - United States

Today, I was singing the National Anthem at a school game and totally forgot the words. So I kept singing the same two lines over and over. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 567
You deserved it 34 318

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that1guy1 13

You'd think if you're in charge of singing the anthem you'd have brushed up on it first... However if you were just in the crowd no big deal.

farnsworth 3

Haha in Canada that'd be more awkward O Canada! Uh.. O Canada! .....o Canada?

Comments

maggieprano 7

don't give yourself a hard time about it a lot of people forget the national anthem sometimes

this is one of those legit FML's. if I forgot the lines at a school game or something I might weep

OK so what is the whole athem(sp?) without Googling it? That's for those high and mightys that said we should know it. I don't. All i can think is, oh say can you see by the dawns early light(?) , uh star spankled banner let wave(?),the rockets something or other, and the home of the brave.

Oh, please. All people remember of that stupid song is: "Oh say can you see... BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH the light? What so proudly BLAH BLAH BLAH, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH" Anyway...

perdix 29

So, two hours later the crowd is yelling, "Yes, we can see by the dawn's early light! Shut the **** up!" You should have just broken into a chorus or two of "Y. M. C. A." Always a fun way to fix an awkward situation.

jaredofmo 22

Did people note the difference?

RedPillSucks 31

Good lord people. Everyone has a brain fart from time to time. She most likely had a bit of stage fright. F her L for that day but this is not an unpardonable sin, nor does it make her unpatriotic.

Just mouth it like everybody else. : D

haha I did this! after being in NZ idol I was asked to sing at a school. I was ok in the chorus but.... shit...they did ALL the verses and then started the anthem again in Maori. I pretended the mic was off and just mouthed rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb. worked for me. try that next time :)