Hang in there

By Anonymous - 13/01/2012 01:07 - United States

Today, I was singing the National Anthem at a school game and totally forgot the words. So I kept singing the same two lines over and over. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 567
You deserved it 34 318

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that1guy1 13

You'd think if you're in charge of singing the anthem you'd have brushed up on it first... However if you were just in the crowd no big deal.

farnsworth 3

Haha in Canada that'd be more awkward O Canada! Uh.. O Canada! .....o Canada?

Comments

Yourtbn 7

Pennsylvania, huh? Betcha had to do it for chorus. Stage fright is the worst.

b_rad_fml 4

YDI No pity for someone who forgets the words to the National Anthem!

Do you know how long the full anthem actually is???

Only an American who is so proud of their country could forget their anthem. Pathetic!

Canada's is much easier and more catchy I guess u need to start practicing

I'm in choir and have had it drilled into me every day, and I can barely remember it.

Personally, I think that the U.S. National Anthem is just too long to remember... but that's just me, since I live up in Canada.

I don't know the words to my national anthem either. Then again it's called "God Save The Queen" and I don't remotely support the monarchy, so I suppose I'd be a hypocrite if I did sing it.

Oh that's funny... what line did you sing? Oh that's funny... what line did you sing? Oh that's funny... what line did you sing?

Don't worry, OP, I don't know much of mine neither - in fact I know more lines of the US- AND the UK-Anthem oO