Hang in there

By Anonymous - 13/01/2012 01:07 - United States

Today, I was singing the National Anthem at a school game and totally forgot the words. So I kept singing the same two lines over and over. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 567
You deserved it 34 318

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that1guy1 13

You'd think if you're in charge of singing the anthem you'd have brushed up on it first... However if you were just in the crowd no big deal.

farnsworth 3

Haha in Canada that'd be more awkward O Canada! Uh.. O Canada! .....o Canada?

Comments

Least you weren't caught lip singing and were actually trying lol.

BulletCatcher12 0

Here's hoping you were just part of a chorus or something. Otherwise you're gonna have a hard time living that one down. Either way, it's the national anthem, you forget it, you deserve what you get.

So if one person forgets the anthem during an important event and get's assulted(and by assult I,mean physical) because of it, they deserve it?

At least it was just a school game, could have been way worse.. Takes a lot courage to do that.

Fail. I believe that if you are living in this country, you should know the words undoubtedly to our national songs. I don't feel bad for you, but I feel bad for the people who had to listen to you butcher our National Anthem. Good Job.

Dear lord, living in this country doesn't mean you have to know the words the the god damn star spangled banner. Nationalistic asses like you really piss me off. He's human, he makes mistakes.

Well the way I see it, asses like you are what's wrong with our country....

Dumbass kids like you piss me off feeling like you have to get you word in on everyone else's comment you said you piece once now shut the f*ck up and get out

Listen, I get that sometimes, people forget things, especially in front of a crowd of people. OP is forgiven, because it is hard and stage fright will seriously immobilize you. To those of you, however, that feel that it is OK to forget our National Anthem, I say GET OUT. Why you may ask? People are fighting and DYING so that people like you can live, and breathe, not just in america, but all over the world, there are people in each Nations Military, sacrificing their lives for their country. The very LEAST you can do, is learn a damn song and what it means. Stop making excuses like, oh my school never taught me. You can bet your ass my children will know what the National Anthem means, and why they need to sing it. It's not about "some war fought, like, forever ago," it's about the sacrifices made every damn day by the men and women around the world.

I'm how do you forget the national anthem ?

Nice to meet you, How Do You Forget The National Anthem.

brunettegurly 0

Are you related to Christina ?

to the people who keep saying that she's a bad person for forgetting the National Anthem. you try getting up in front of tons of people and singing it perfectly. its not easy. everyone forgets stuff. even famous people.