Hang in there

By Anonymous - 13/01/2012 01:07 - United States

Today, I was singing the National Anthem at a school game and totally forgot the words. So I kept singing the same two lines over and over. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 567
You deserved it 34 318

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that1guy1 13

You'd think if you're in charge of singing the anthem you'd have brushed up on it first... However if you were just in the crowd no big deal.

farnsworth 3

Haha in Canada that'd be more awkward O Canada! Uh.. O Canada! .....o Canada?

Comments

smcwitau 0

This shows the lack of patriotism there are in schools these days. Its not your fault either. Dont blame yourself. I grew up sayin the pledge of allegance and singing the star spangled banner every day. Maybe the US might want to wake up and realise why there is so much corruption.

Are you saying your country's corrupt because kids aren't reciting nationalistic chants often enough? How would that help?

By imparting a sense of patriotism and value from an early age? Can't hurt to try.

That's right, everyone! There's corruption all over the country because we stopped putting our hands over our heart and giving a pledge that we didn't understand (seriously, ask a child what a pledge is and what allegiance is, and afterwards, ask what the entire pledge of allegiance means [line for line] in their own words... good luck getting a valid response, other than "I dunno"). Oh, and a song (poem?) about a war that kids don't understand (do you know what a rampart is? Most folks, including children who recited the anthem daily, have no clue what it is.

41- It's not about understanding every part of it, it's about respecting the country you live in. Nobody cares about the country anymore, they just care about stuffing their damn wallets, it's ******* pathetic and people like you are part of the problem.

xStaciexLynnx 15

52- If just singing a song is going to suddenly fix the country and make people respect it, can we at least make it fun? I mean, you're saying an understanding of the words don't matter so maybe we could make it Head, shoulders, knees, and toes in Japanese. Teaching patriotism and getting all those obese kids to work out in one shot... Smh.

The_Troller 14

Facedesk in 3... 2.... jwjdbvficokdgvfbduch

Patriotism leads to nationalism and I think we already have quite enough of that in the United States. It's made most of the population close their eyes to the rest of the world like a bunch of morons.

shadexilmaendu 4

I pledge allegiance to the flag Of the divided stated of hysteria And to the mass substance For which it stands One nation Where money is god No liberty or justice at all. Amidoinitrite?

That's a bunch of patriotic nonsense live for a country does nothing on the long run all it does is incite violence like after the 911 attacks over 2000 people of other ethnic groups in 2 weeks following the attacks because patriotic psychos thought they were doing their country a favor

RoseTintMyWorld 8

Wait, we have a pledge of allegiance?

charonsbaby 3

Hey stop harpin on them. Has everyone forgot that Christina Agulera forgot the words to the national anthem at the superbowl.

Christina was probably out partying the night before, but that is not an excuse.

crazyluvbug 8

Who ******* cares if she forgot it or not! Just cuz she's famous doesn't mean we should give her a break. Either way if you are singing ANY song on national television, you should probably go through it once or twice to not humiliate yourself. And if its an important song like that, Christina was asking for it if she didn't know it.

danceforever51 4

And she wasn't in the crowd either!

I'd say this is only forgivable if you were Greek :P

How do you not know your national anthem? How long have you a been a citizen?

Being a United States citizen makes it manditory for you to recite and remember the Star-Spangled Banner?

mjr96d 5

Wouldn't that make the US more of a police state? I mean really, what happens if it was made 'manditory' abd people don't sing it, a fine? Inprisonment? Forced into exile? "re-education centers? Really, take into cosideration about the future of your country if that would happen....

I definitely clicked yes when moderating fml's and I'm so glad it's up here!!! I imagined this happening at my highschool. I'm sorry it happened but its pretty funny :)

I forsee that most of the comments will be the "OMG WHY DON'T YOU KNOW THE ******* NATIONAL ANTHEM? YOU ARE A US CITIZEN, YOU HAVE TO LEARN THE ANTHEM. UNAMERICAN". Then I sense the closing of the comments. Just to get ahead of every patriotic ******* that might comment, not everyone knows the anthem, if op forgot the words, then he forgot it, or got nervous while singing it, Just like Christina Agilara(sp?).

I like you less and less every time I see you post, just thought you'd want to know that.

Who cares anyway?? It's not an important anthem like Australia's so **** it.

So forgetting the National Anthem is ok because a Hollywood star did it? I'd say that's sad and flawed logic good sir! Even if you don't know it at least have the respect to learn it before attempting to sing it.

#54 whatever, a lot of people hate me, telling me on the comment boards that you don't like me, IMO is jist stupid. #57 HAHAHAHahahahhaaa....**** you #58 The fml was posted from pennsylvania, so yea... #71, You have the wrong idea. Read my comment correctly: NOT EVERY ONE KNOWS THE ******* ANTHEM, if OP forgot it at that moment, then he forgot it that moment maybe because he was nervous or had stage fright, or he had a brain fart moment. Then I compared her(op's a woman) to Christina Agulera which also happened to her. Jesus, all this over one ******* song? The Anthem doesn't describe other people's nationalistic pride, it's their belief in this country, their people, their future.

If you don't believe in this country, you probably shouldn't be in it...and that's how I feel about it.

Confuciussay 6

84 - If you know that OP is a female, why do you kept referring to her as a he in your statement?

58- Shut the **** up mate, you're making the rest of us Aussies look like a bunch of fuckwits. So what if OP forgot the words to her national anthem. I forget the second verse to the Austrailian one all the time... It happens!

I can't tell if OP was singing to a crowd or was part of a crowd singing.

MwahFMLS 6

I see someone "quoting" this pretty soon.

At least you weren't televised right?

where i live, NO ONE know the national anthem =D