Hang in there

By Anonymous - 13/01/2012 01:07 - United States

Today, I was singing the National Anthem at a school game and totally forgot the words. So I kept singing the same two lines over and over. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 567
You deserved it 34 318

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that1guy1 13

You'd think if you're in charge of singing the anthem you'd have brushed up on it first... However if you were just in the crowd no big deal.

farnsworth 3

Haha in Canada that'd be more awkward O Canada! Uh.. O Canada! .....o Canada?

Comments

pinkWabbits 0

If you were singing a solo in front of everyone, that would be completely understandable. Oh, the things nerves can do! But if you were in the crowd that's really sad. The least you could do for this country is learn its song.

linnie_wesker 20

Ugh that's really embarrassing I'm sorry. =/ You're not alone though, I did theater in high school & one time I forgot nearly all of my lines so I had to start making shit up.. it was really awful.

I've seen one too many videos of people totally screwing up the National Anthem. It's not that difficult.

To all the people who said that you deserved it are assholes. If you asked them to sing the national anthem, I guarantee 98% of them wouldn't know the words. And if you ask them to do it in a crowd, they'd do even worst.

Next time make up words so it looks like you didn't forget

I watch the football (soccer) and I see teams singing the nation anthem most of them dont even know it they just mouth the words

Wow! Only Americans don't know their own anthem... So sad

Wow! Only Americans would forget their own anthem!! So sad!!

Missporsha 0

Lmao????????????????????????????