Crack!

By Anonymous - 10/02/2010 07:54 - United States

Today, I bought a brand new huge leather recliner. After laying down and watching football for some time, I sit up and hear a loud shatter. My iPhone was crushed by the mechanics of the chair after it slipped out of my pocket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 951
You deserved it 8 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Damn Iphones are like having a trout in your pocket sometimes.

Comments

Wahhh.. I can afford to buy a expensive gadget but I didn't take care of it and it broke. YDI... deal with it!

sublime93 0

It slipped out of his pocket. Don't be such a petty asshole.

Not being petty.. but if you had the cash equivalent of an Iphone in your wallet you wouldn't just let it slip out of your pocket... The amount of Iphone users who are "careless" with them then wahh about it when they break is redonkulous! If you don't want it broken then put it on the side... or a pocket that zips up.. you know... somewhere sensible.

sublime93 0

Okay I see your point, but I would never suspect that a recliner would eat my phone lmao

I have to agree. I've had mine slip out of my pockets at home so often that I switched to a jacket with zipper pockets to make sure I wouldn't lose it elsewhere. I keep it in my sights at all times if it's not in a zipped pocket or in my hand.

If you've got something in your pocket all day, every day, things are bound to happen, more so if it's something you NEED. If it was, for example, the Hope Diamond, it would be stupid of him to let it drop. But since it's a cell phone, albeit an expensive one, it's not like he's going to hang on to it for dear life, or handcuff it to his wrist like it contains nuclear missile codes. Don't tell me you've never dropped your cell phone or had it slip out of your pocket.

mmmazingmary 0

I know that sucks babe! when my iPhones screen cracked I had to pay 200 dollars. sure I could have sent it to a company who fixes them but --- then it wouldn't be guarunteed.

lol@girl crying for attention seriously, you're only going to get attention from 40 year old freaks fml isn't where you expose yourself

what good is a "guaruntee" that costs you $200? buy parts online and fix yourself for <$50.

Just keep telling yourself: it's time for a new one. it'll be all better

thats an epic fail but ydi for not havin an otterbox

I know ottervox is good for screen protection but there may be a few discrepencies with it's "antichair-compacting" feature. read fine print

yes i know however ive seen one run over by a car x2 firsthand and the phone came out with only a couple scratches -i was only trying to point out that he should have been more careful with his phone

but still lol #25 ill have to look into that before i decide to drop my phone in a recliner

The_Big_Mac 7

amen, thank god someone with sense is here!!! FTW!

The_Big_Mac 7

otterbox rocks, and they are tough as nails, I work In law enforcement and everybody that carries any phone other than a old school flip phone uses the otterbox and a 5-11 tactical holster for it so it doesn't fall off our duty belts. it's a tight fit at first but the holster losens up after a while and the phone fits perfect in there otterbox and all.

There should be a section for iphones on this site. I've read so many crappy FMLs about people losing and breaking their iphones.

howmanysyllables 0

YDI for owning an iP - yeah, you know the rest.

Do you have apple care? if you go in and don't act like an asshole there's a pretty good chance they'll just replace it for free. Yes, it TECHNICALLY is supposed to cost $200 and apple care is NOT insurance, but they replace shit for free all the time just because. I had a cracked screen AND water damage and got a new one. If you JUST have a cracked screen and you have to pay, you might as well drop it in a bucket of water so you can get an entirely new phone instead of just a replaced screen.

niamhyo 13

What if they don't fix it, then you're screwed, idiot.

What football game were you watching? the last game of the season was 3 days ago