But my grandbabiiiiiiiies

By Anonymous - 23/01/2016 09:21 - Australia - Canberra

Today, after the topic of grandkids came up yet again, my fiancé confessed that we've been having trouble conceiving. Later, I overheard his mum telling him to take my engagement ring back to the store and get a refund, because apparently I'm not worth marrying if I can't give him kids. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 018
You deserved it 1 637

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tarlax 11

Oh, she's one of those people who think the sole purpose of marriage or any relationship is to pump out kids. Give me a break.

Would-be grandmas blow everything out of proportion. So rude of her!

Comments

I've got terrible news. : he's not the fiance.

The pressure of rushing your way into posting the first comment

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
tarlax 11

Basic literacy isn't for everyone, I guess. Slow down next time or your brain might catch fire.

#2: Maybe if you try sliding your finger over the words and moving your lips while reading, you'll understand

Wow. Talk about a monster-in-law. And, if you're having trouble conceiving, there's always in vitro fertilization and things like that. Go see a doctor to see if there's anything that can be fixed to help you have a baby. Good luck!

Also consider adoption! I know it's not for everyone, but there are so many kids in the foster care system that need parents.

kittykat1501 31

what if the fiance is the one who is infertil? do you think she thought of that?

*infertile And you're right, usually it's the father's sperm at fault when a couple is having trouble conceiving, not the mother.

Would-be grandmas blow everything out of proportion. So rude of her!

tarlax 11

Oh, she's one of those people who think the sole purpose of marriage or any relationship is to pump out kids. Give me a break.

*hands lemonade and straw hat* Your required break, sir?

TheEpicKitten 20

But, the sole reason for our existence is to reproduce, so yes the sole purpose of marriage is to reproduce

tarlax 11

ONE of our biological "purposes" may be to reproduce, but marriage isn't a biological construct anyway, it's a social one. Your sad attempt at logic and wit is as bizarre as it is embarrassing. Seriously, WTF were you thinking with that comment?

Agreed with 91 about what 90 said. Our sole purpose is to reproduce. Okay. But marriage's sole purpose isn't to have kids unless we were all born to just get married the second we came into this world. Why do you think we have birth control pills and abortions? Because some marriages DON'T want to have kids.

Sorry, she sounds like a major bitch and I hope your fiancé stands up to her about it.

Not even married, yet the crazy bitch expects you to be a breed mare.

Red_Curls1995 28

What a horrid woman! If you two want kids there's plenty of options. It seems she thinks marriage is just for having kids.

You aren't even married yet! She needs to relax a bit.

stangbang92 17

Obviously marriage doesn't have a part in the kid making as they are already trying to conceive.

Sorry that happened to you! You should see a doctor about your ability to have kids... They might have medication to help!

kittykat1501 31

but it never says it's her, just that they are having trouble. the fiance could be infertil instead.