But my grandbabiiiiiiiies

By Anonymous - 23/01/2016 09:21 - Australia - Canberra

Today, after the topic of grandkids came up yet again, my fiancé confessed that we've been having trouble conceiving. Later, I overheard his mum telling him to take my engagement ring back to the store and get a refund, because apparently I'm not worth marrying if I can't give him kids. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 019
You deserved it 1 637

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tarlax 11

Oh, she's one of those people who think the sole purpose of marriage or any relationship is to pump out kids. Give me a break.

Would-be grandmas blow everything out of proportion. So rude of her!

Comments

I'm sorry about that. My husband and I just found out we can't have children. I am too scared to tell my mother-in-law for this exact reason. I'm already "not good enough for him."

He could be the problem, its not always the women who have issues with conception, he may have an insanely low sperm count.

It's probably not even your fault, usually it's the Soren at fault when a couple is having trouble having a baby, unless the woman has a preexisting condition.

Asinger06 1

Reminds me of my exes mother. Barely together 2 months and she wanted to know when I'd have a kid, because her granddaughter needed a sibling. I told her I wasn't in any rush. He walked out 4 months later. Thank God I didn't get pregnant with him.

I'm so sorry, OP. I hope you don't let her disgusting behavior hurt you. You are so much more than your ability to have children. Whether the issue in conceiving is on your end, or your fiancé's, it doesn't define either of you.

I'm so sorry, OP. I'm sure you realize how out of line and wrong she is, but it's still worth saying. Even if you are trying, it's none of her damn business how many, if any, kids you have. It sounds like she's got some issues of her own she needs to work out. As for you and your fiance, there are plenty of options. The most obvious one is to keep trying. Sometimes it just takes a while. You can always look up positions that supposedly help and try those out. Another thing is take a break for a little bit, so that the next time you try, he'll have a higher sperm count. You can also stop trying but continue to have sex - if you agree to stop trying, it takes a lot of pressure and stress off of you, which can make it easier to conceive. You can also figure out the best time for your body (based on your ovulation cycle). There's also the possibility that one or both of you has infertility issues. I don't know how long you've been trying, but it may be worth seeing a doctor to find out if you do. You can talk to them about artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization, as well. And while it's not the same for some couples, you can always consider adoption. There are plenty of kids lot there who need good, loving homes, so don't be afraid to at least learn a little more about it. Whatever you choose to do and whatever happens, I wish you the best of luck with conceiving and with your mother in law.

MOTHERINLAW is an anagram of WOMANHITLER. Just keep that in mind.

DespicableDez 7

Why the **** are you trying to have kids so soon!? Enjoy yourselves for a few years first. Besides, what's that bitch of a monster-in-law going to say if the problem with conception is her son's?

bibliohullabaloo 2

It's nobody's business when a couple should have children, including yours. You don't know how long they've been together, how old they are, how many children they eventually want, or any other of the numerous factors that go into a decision like this. My husband and I personally want to wait a few years before trying. My sister and her husband wanted to get pregnant within the first year of their marriage. Both are totally valid.

I hate people like that. I don't want kids. They're loud, annoying, messy, needy, and a huge financial burden. Yeah no thank you i'm fine. Good luck to other parents though i'm not trying to convince anyone not to have kids. I'm just saying they aren't for me.

megs925 16

How does she know it's not her son's sperm that's the problem??